Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Asheville Newbie with water/range problems!

Hi there! I just got my 1967 Sovereign 30' yesterday, and I love it! I have it parked near Asheville, NC so I can slowly figure out how to use it before I head west.

Questions!

When I connect the hose to the back panel, for regular water usage, water leaks out from underneath the black water tank! Does it mean there is something loose and broken under there, or is there a valve I need to turn?

Also, is there a special trick to lighting the range? I have the gas turned on at the front....it has been in storage for over a year...any suggestions?

Or, does anyone know someone to call in the Asheville area who makes house calls?

Thank you!
meghanhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 28
Tampa , Florida
I dont know exactly the conditions under which you bought your trailer but I cant stress enough that before you head out on a long road trip that you get someone to inspect it for you.

As a former owner of a '67, on a 45 year old trailer you will find things wrong. Some minor, some potentially big. Asheville will have people that can do this for you either from this forum or local non-AS owner (Id prefer the former)

On the right side of the Airforums.com webpage is a section for 'inspectors'. There are about 20 of them in NC.

good luck
inTransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
actually, im around asheville. Where are you specifically? If you're east of A'ville, or SE, i Might be able to help. we'll be in town tomorrow and we're in H'ville often. I have a '62 Globetrotter we renovated in 2010.

re: the stove - We removed ours in favor of something more modern and safe. You might consider removing it and taking it to a professional to be cleaned / checked out. After nearly 50 years... it's due.

Edit: alternatively, if you want to tow it out to our place on a saturday or sunday we could really go nuts...

PM me.
NJtoNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
I don't know if you got my "thanks", but I am in Marshall, NC at the end of Upper Thomas Branch Road. I got the range to work! Now it is just figuring out the water situation. Luckily, I am in a safe place so I can take my time. I can't tow yet because I have to get my truck fixed (which I am doing next week)--My number is 954-789-1105. Hope I hear from ya! And thank you for responding!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Also, does anyone know if I can "make do" by filling the fresh water tank at the front? And are there any valves I need to know about to do this?

Cheers!