Old 04-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #1

Onekama , Michigan
Thumbs up AS Service - Cheers and Jeers

Have a great experience getting your AS serviced (quality, time, value, etc.)? Cheer! Please let us all know, we just might need service someday too

“I’ll never go there again,” you say? Jeer! Please let us know, we may wish to keep looking too.

Now it could be that Joe Air and Sally Stream both went to the same place and had very different experiences. It could boil down to individuals who actually did the work, or it was a good/bad day for someone, so we'll just tell our stories and let the rest work itself out

Dave Goes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I see this is your second post.

We generally don’t do the “jeers” part of your proposal here, per the prohibition in the Community Rules, which you will find a link to at the bottom of the page.

Maggie

Old 04-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Hmmm, my guess is that such well meant warnings may be transmitted vis PM?

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
1999 31' Land Yacht
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Maggie is right: We generally want you to take your complaints up directly with the vendor.

But cheers are just fine!

For our new-to-us moho, it's not that easy to locate outfits that work on the P30 chassis, due in good measure to the size of the shops. But I'll certainly cheer for the outfit in Albuquerque that worked on the motor and dash air of ours: Well done work, very clean and roomy shop with lift for mohos, and decent prices, too. It was Advantage Auto Repair, located physically about three blocks from the Airstream dealer in ABQ.

Lynn
Old 04-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
You have an Airstream dealer 2.5 hours from you OR Jackson Center is 6 hours. I have no idea about the reputation of the dealer, but you can't go wrong at Jackson Center.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:34 AM   #6
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Agree that Jackson Center is the place to go. I live slightly over 1,000 miles away (2 day trip) and that is the only service center I will use.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:39 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Woodinville , Washington
Airstream Adventures NW (Seattle area) treated me poorly in my opinion when I went there repeatedly in 2016 looking to buy a new AS. Consequently, I shopped elsewhere and bought at Toscano RV, in Los Banos, CA, without any problems and at a price significantly lower than any other quote that I had received for an identical trailer.

I discovered warranty work that needed to be done, so I reluctantly took my AS to Airstream Adventures for that work. I want to expressly say that Airstream Adventures welcomed my warranty work and did it professionally without any problems. They could not have been nicer or done better work. Kudos and thanks to Airstream Adventures NW.
"BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
WL7Z --- NAUI --- WSBA
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Watertown , Massachusetts
Yes, but

I totally understand the reasons for the community rules, but that gives most of us no help when we need service and can't go to Jackson Center. Our dealer closed, and we have been trying to do all of the maintenance ourselves. That is all well and good, but we are all one "incident" away from really needing a good service center - and the need to avoid the bad ones. It's too bad that this forum can't help us with that.
sallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Sallye - being from New England too - I feel your pain - but there are good reasons to not tread down that path in these forums.

There's a thread in here somewhere about a former AS dealer near the NY CT border who people seem to love.

And there's Colonial in NJ that has a great reputation for service and I've been there to attest to that personally.

Last - as weird as it sounds - I've done 3 trips to the Mothership and it's actually a geeky kind of fun! I realize your mileage can vary there.

You may also want to consider attending local rallies with the Cape Cod or New England units to get some tips and maybe even personal service recommendations.

Good luck!
SteveSueMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
At a rally, you will get the personal experiences that support that person's point of view that may not be postable in the forum..

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
At a rally, you will get the personal experiences that support that person's point of view that may not be postable in the forum..

Another benefit!
SteveSueMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Sallye - being from New England too - I feel your pain - but there are good reasons to not tread down that path in these forums.

There's a thread in here somewhere about a former AS dealer near the NY CT border who people seem to love.
. . .
A search in the blue box above for “Classic RV Repair George Hernandez” will reveal a number of threads. He is just below Poughkeepsie slightly south of I-84. Highly recommended.

We are on the road now, and will post links later when home.

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:07 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
PS -- Threads for Classic RV Repair FYI:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ed-166661.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...rk-158226.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ct-156048.html
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Wayland , Massachusetts
Colonial in NJ

I cannot say enough good things about Colonial in Lakewood, NJ. We have bought two trailers there (a 22' Sport and a 26U), used the parts department for various issues and have had service work done. On all fronts they have been superior. Patrick Botticelli is as knowledgeable and supportive as his many videos would suggest. He has ably guided us in many of those difficult decisions we all had to make in selecting our perfect dream homes. Parts has steered me in the right direction and actually suggested ways that I could save money on purchases (from somewhere else at the time). Service has been clear and thorough. Really, it sounds like I work for them but they have really been good to us and have made the AS lifestyle so much easier and better. I could not recommend them more.

jsfranchek is offline   Reply With Quote