Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #1

1974 Argosy 28
El Paso , Texas
Argosy 28 Trailer Service Manual

I am the owner of an Argosy 28 that has set for quite some time, at least ten years. I am looking for a copy of the service manual. I don't need a new original spiral bound copy that the airstream website wants to sell me for 65 dollars. I just need a cheap easy to read scanned version that will show me my Argosy. I am penny poor and doing things on a move in and fix as I live budget so can't afford to be buying from the MAN. But I do want to fix things right and hope there is some nice people who can help. Any and all info is appreciated and gratefully accepted. I know there is a lot of work to do but this is my home now and I'm just going to dive in. Thanks in advance.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
I have an Airstream service manual... I like having the documentation, but I haven't really come across much that would be impossible to figure out without it.

Unless you find someone who happens to have scanned a service manual for a comparable year, I think you'd have better luck asking for images of specific info you need at the time. It's much less daunting to think of scanning 5 or 6 pages than the whole book.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Having previously had an AS motorhome, you would be wise to invest in the manual - it will prove its worth when you run into an inexplicable issue some time later on. I had the AS manual for my motorhome, but only the partial manual for the Spartan. In doing the electrical modification from 30-amp to 50-amp, the AS manual was was worth its weight in gold. The manual went with the coach to the new owner.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Argosy 28 Trailer Service Manual

Greetings MadHatter!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Argosy ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
I am the owner of an Argosy 28 that has set for quite some time, at least ten years. I am looking for a copy of the service manual. I don't need a new original spiral bound copy that the airstream website wants to sell me for 65 dollars. I just need a cheap easy to read scanned version that will show me my Argosy. I am penny poor and doing things on a move in and fix as I live budget so can't afford to be buying from the MAN. But I do want to fix things right and hope there is some nice people who can help. Any and all info is appreciated and gratefully accepted. I know there is a lot of work to do but this is my home now and I'm just going to dive in. Thanks in advance.
I am going by the title of your thread rather than the icon in your profile that you are referring to an Argosy 28 travel trailer. You might find a vendor on E-Bay who offers a 1975 Airstream travel trailer service manual for a price less than the hardcopy offered by Airstream . . . I haven't checked recently, but at one time, he offered a rather large selection of Airstream manuals on CD/DVD.

Another option if you just need basic information about appliance maintenance, running gear maintenance, etc., would be to check your local library for some of the following references . . . most have been published in multiple editions . . . and at least two of them had editions published in the same era as when our Argosy travel trailer were new:There are others out there, but the above are some of the possibilities. These titles are often found in public libraries so you might be able to check-one out for guidance when an issue arises. If you are located near a college or university, you would almost certainly find several of these titles as well as some others of similar nature.

Good luck with your coach!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote