Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2002 27' Safari
College Station , Texas
Any recent experience with North Dallas RV?

I used to live in the DFW area and used North Dallas RV for repairs on a few occasions. I was always happy with their work, and I recommended them to others. I've moved away from that area and so have not used North Dallas RV in at least 5 years, but I'm considering going back to them for some needed work. Can anyone advise if their service is still good? Is Randy still the manager?

"The written word will soon disappear, and we'll no longer be able to read good prose like we used to could." - James Thurber
mddsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:40 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Cottonwood , Arizona
About three months ago I stopped there because I read good reviews regarding Randy. Randy is a class act. He knows what he’s doing and he gets it done. I’ll be stopping off in Dallas on why Way back to Arkansas in a couple of weeks. Have a few other issues but I bet Randy can take care of it.
MWL530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2002 27' Safari
College Station , Texas
Thanks for the feedback! It's good to hear that he's still there.

"The written word will soon disappear, and we'll no longer be able to read good prose like we used to could." - James Thurber
mddsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Arlington , Texas
North Dallas RV

Randy is still there and North Dallas RV is still there underneath the high bridge overpasses of the President George Bush Toll Road and I35.

Last week I left my 1977 Argosy Motorhome there for a replacement of the air conditioner. The original Armstrong unit quit after 42 years and Randy is replacing it. The Armstrong unit base pan provided structure to the roof and any replacements must have structure installed into the roof before the AC is installed. Randy is quite knowledgeable on that process.

I will update when I get my motorhome back in a couple of weeks
GWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Arlington , Texas
North Dallas RV - Replacement AC

I picked up my 1977 Argosy Motorhome from Randy with a new Penguin II AC/Heat Pump installed.
After removing the original Armstrong unit, they installed rib structures in the roof to support the new unit. The original Armstrong AC unit base pan provided structure to the roof and new replacement AC units have to have structure installed in the roof before AC installation.
From all that I can see they did a good on the removal and installation and the unit works well.
GWallace is offline   Reply With Quote