Old 04-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2014 23' FB International
Campbell River , British Columbia
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Bought my trailer at the same dealership. They have treated me well - especially when some twit backed into my bumper while it was there for service and I did not notice the damage until I got home. They replaced the bumper; no questions asked!

BTW (and if you are a long-time Campbell River resident you might already know this)
at one time the Campbell River waterfront had a huge colony of Airstreamers from the U.S. It was called "Little New York," circa late 1960s. They came for the summer Tyee salmon run. I have been trying to track down a photo of this - so far unsuccessful.

Anyway, you have a beautiful trailer to enjoy on one of the most beautiful islands in the world. You are indeed very fortunate.

Thank you. I have seen pictures of the Little New York at the museum in Campbell River. Can you recommend a good place to camp near Langley?

roundrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:07 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member
2009 28' International
Pacific Palisades , California
So glad it's all working out for you! The loose linoleum is standard, from what I understand. We go to windy places (we're windsurfers) and were alarmed one day to see our whole floor floating with the wind gusts! Apparently, there was a small unsealed area underneath the coach. We were parked just downwind of the top of a hill, exposing the underside to the 35 mph gusts, and the wind did a little dance with the floor! We sealed the spot, so we don't have it anymore, but I was told by my dealer that they only tack the floor vinyl down around the outsides for ease of replacement later.

gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Also remember that if you want to keep things cool/cold while towing you must have the battery disconnect switch in the ON position and the propane tanks open. To keep my fridge plugging in outside I VERY slightly pulled the plugs away from each other a bit so the plug fit snug and would not "pop" out.

Enjoy the trip.

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:35 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
If your Lino flaps in the breeze, imagine how it acts when towed at 65mph with high pressure on front and low in the stern!
Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:47 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2016 25' International
Los Angeles , California
@ roundrobin
I agree with you. This is an awesome forum. I'm a newbie myself, and just found out a ton of great info about battery/power management after overtaxing my system while dry camping in Death Valley. The extensive knowledge available on this forum, and the willingness to share it, makes it invaluable.
One thing that I don't believe was mentioned in any of the posts above is the fact that the fridge will not turn on, at least in 'gas' mode, if the coach is three or four degrees off of horizontal. I had ours in front of our home, parked in the street, while preparing for a trip. It was 'leaning' into the curb - off horizontal by about four degrees - and the lighter would not ignite. Checked the manual, and it warned that the fridge was designed not to light under those conditions. Put blocks under the curb-side wheel, and the fridge lit immediately.
Doesn't sound like that was your problem. Just throwing in my two cents. Glad you're up and running. Btw, we eventually want to get a 23D (our dream coach), but happy with our 19' Flying Cloud for the moment.
Bdinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #20
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Originally Posted by roundrobin View Post
Thank you. I have seen pictures of the Little New York at the museum in Campbell River. Can you recommend a good place to camp near Langley?

Hi, rustic or full hook-up?
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:47 AM   #21
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
We stayed at the Eagle Wind RV park in Aldergrove. Phone # 604-856-6674.

Sent from my iPod touch using Airstream Forums
Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #22
Agent 86
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Another brand new fridge not working and lots more.

There is a reason I rebuilt my trailer with NO RV specific appliances but the water pump and my forty year old air conditioner...

Do RV appliances really NEED computers?

(Disclaimer, my residential furnace and water heater in my trailer do have computers)

1/2 Ton 4WD Truck, 72 Sovereign Hensley Arrow
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #23
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Al, I am glad you found some relief from you fridge issue. I have found that running the refrigerator on propane is faster than waiting for it to cool down using electricity. When I am getting ready for a trip I turn on the fridge with propane and bring it down to temp. After loading on the food I will switch over to electricity to maintain the temperature.

When traveling make sure your setting is on "Automatic" and open your valves. Some folks here caution against running with the fridge on propane but most of us do and that is how the system was designed and no one has yet to provide any evidence of an accident caused when using this method.

There is also a switch that activates some kind of defrosting mechanism although I have yet to see any real results from this. If this is "on" it will draw more electricity. If you are boondocking make sure it is off. If plugged in it doesn't matter.

Airstreams are very good trailers but they are not perfect. The problems you listed have more to do with the appliances Airstream installed than anything to do with quality build issues. Your dealer should step up and fix the hot water heater. If they don't then it becomes an Airstream problem.

Good Luck

aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote