Old 04-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
An end to leaks??

Just saw this video on YouTube. Wondering if you coated your AS with this product, would it be the end of leaks forever? And as you get later in the video and see the impact on work boots - would it turn your AS a cloudy white shade if used?

SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #2
Peachtree City , Georgia
That looks really interesting. I wonder how well it holds up to UV?

swamperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
2013 30' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Fascinating video. from the Company's website FAQs
32. Can I use Ultra-Ever Dry on my car?
Our product can be used on cars but we recommend only using it underneath the vehicle. It is not recommended for use on body panels or windows/windshields because of the translucent white color (Click here to see a glass pane treated with Ultra-Ever Dry). It is recommended to try the Ultra-Ever Dry in an inconspicuous area first if color is important. It will cover a gloss paint with a dull, matte finish. Some exceptions to this recommendation is using Ultra-Ever Dry on work vehicles such as cement trucks or off-road vehicles where aesthetics are not as important as cleanliness, anti-corrosion, anti-icing and maintenance.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Thanks - I didn't bother to go to their site and read the FAQs ( 😳 )

Seeing the impact on the boots, I wondered if it would turn an aluminum tube in to a chalky toothpaste tube....

Oh well - still pretty fascinating stuff!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #5
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
The manufacturer's website also says, "For industrial use only. Not available to consumers at this time." And it's only available in 55-gallon drums, of which you have to buy at least two because it's a two-part formula and has to be mixed before application.

It has low resistance to abrasion, oils, solvents, and chemicals that have low surface tension. Which means that it's not going to help much with gasoline or diesel, fresh asphalt or road tar, spilled margaritas…

Also, it doesn't work well for waterproofing seams. It's a coating, like a high-tech paint, not a joint sealant. Even if you put it on an Argosy, where it would be less obtrusive in appearance, it would not do anything to reduce leaks, just make it easier to keep clean, as long as you only use plain water and never soap to wash it. Soapy water can wash the entire coating right off.
WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Palm Springs , California

What year is you AS? I understand they conduct a pressure test to find leaks. Where do most leaks occur? Sean joints or Windows? Is it a common problem with airstream? Thanks.

Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote