Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
1969 23' Safari
Port Angeles , Washington
Amazing Airstream supplier!!!!

i just wanted to write to let everyone know about an amazing experience i just had with an online vintage parts dealer. After a NIGHTMARE experience with a airstream parts supplier that i will no longer deal with AT ALL, i had kind of written off that anyone in the biz had any quality customer service at all. In fact when i had a problem with a part i ordered from vintage trailer supply i just assumed it was up to me to deal with the problem and its repurcussions. When i mentioned it in a later email they went totally above and beyond my expectations and fixed my problem and then some! i am so stoked on those folks right now and given there is no where to rave on their site i thought i would come let you guys know how awesome vintagetrailersupply.com is. Their prices were always resonable and they have a good selection, but now that i have experienced their customer service i will always go there first in my parts purchases! If you guys want parts from a great company that you can trust to do right by you and every sale you give them, this is that company!

Despite how ad like i know this sounds i swear that i dont work there and have not been paid or compensated in ANY way for saying these things i am just one very very happy customer!
anami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Wickenburg , Arizona
Interesting, I tried a post like this yesterday for the compitition and the thread was removed.................hmmm. Adios, John
Diesel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
I've been really happy with the service at Vintage Trailer Supply as well. On one order Kim and Steve took the time to review my order and contact me when they thought I might have ordered the wrong Thetford valve for my trailer, and they were right, I had ordered the wrong one.

The shipping has always been quick, and the one time they made an error in an order they rectified the problem promptly.

1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper (65avion.home.blog)
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
I love Airstreams...
Commercial Member

1989 29' Land Yacht
Haines City , Florida
Talking Steve.....at Vintage Trailer Supply

sometimes i am just walking around the trailer and get the idea that something needs replacing...i have VTS telephone number in my cell and will call and pick steve's ideas on part and if needed or not...i have ordered from VTS in the past and have always been happy...

do your self a favor...keep the number for Airstream Factory Service and the number for Vintage Trailer Supply right in your cell phone...how handy it is...

Great Service, Great Prices and Great People...

Ram 3500 DRW LB SuperCrew
PCS Professional Coach
AIR# 6366
leefields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
1969 23' Safari
Port Angeles , Washington
MAybe it depends on what you say or maybe no one has seen it to erase it yet (this thread that is) When i had my nightmare experience i waited a few months to calm down so i could be fair and wanted to post to "warn" other readers with my experience. That post was removed. i asked if i could just say i had an experience and people could read it in my blog and they said they would see, but never got back to me. Who knows why some threads stay and some go, sites are run by people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel1 View Post
Interesting, I tried a post like this yesterday for the compitition and the thread was removed.................hmmm. Adios, John
anami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
I've had good luck with lots of vendors, Vintage Trailer Supply, Inland RV, Out of Doors Mart, Aircraft Spruce, just to name a few. So far I've been lucky to not had issues with any airstream parts suppliers, mostly because I've tried to work with vendors that are active or involved with the forums here, knowing that they all actively represent their companies and care about their reputation enough to make sure customers are happy ones!
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:51 AM   #7
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Send a message via AIM to Maryw164 Send a message via Skype™ to Maryw164
Probably if you posted this type of thread in the vendor forum it wouldn't have the chance of being deleted. I believe you are allowed to share your experiences with a vendor as long as its in the appropriate topic. There are plenty of threads with info of others experiences with a specific vendor in the vendor forum. So maybe the threads you thought were deleted, just got moved.

Mary
Forums member #29232
Check out my new Blogs (work in progress):
https://www.airforums.com/forums/blog...-maryw164.html

https://1972airstreamsovereign.blogspot.com/
Maryw164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:21 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Vts

All I can say is these guys are great and getting better each day (if that is possible!)

Nice job guys!
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:54 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
waynesboro , Virginia
My experience with Vintage has been very good, also would give thumbs up to Inland and to Out of Doors Mart....
waltero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #10

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Keep in mind folks that it's a pretty fine line that we tread here regarding dealer or vendor issues. At this time the Forum Moderation team cannot get into the dispute area and determine if all complaints are legitmate. There are two sides to every story. Allowing those those disputes to be posted can amount to us becoming a unwilling participant if we allow unverified charges to be posted. Once it hits the Internet we have some liabilities on our side too. Since we can't be both judge and jury, we have to limit the discourse regarding issues that could be judged in some eyes as being unfounded.

Note this is from our community rules page which you all have access to.

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

If you do have questions regarding the suitability of a potential post please contact any of our moderator staff. We'd be happy to discuss the matter in advance and help you in that potential posting.

I don't want to hijack this thread any further than this specific comment so if you like to discuss it further, I'd be happy to deal with this, one on one using the PM side of the forum.

Thanks.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
unjustified complaints

My business partner and I own Answer Center - a 24/7 telephone answering service. Now what we deliver is not parts but far less concrete "service only"

When we were new and very dumb we assumed that if we gave great service everyone would know it and we wouldn't get unjustified complaints. HA! We finally had to get a $20K call recorder to make voice tapes of our calls. Within the first week of having it we got a call from our biggest client saying that we'd been rude to their best client and that they were going to cancel ($3K per month income!). Losing this customer would have seriously hurt us. We offered to play the call live over the phone so we could both listen to our operator. We'd never heard the call and that particular operator was sometimes a bit volitile, so with fear and loathing we listened to the call with our client on the line. As it turned out the caller was abusive and foul mouthed from the moment the line was answered until the call ended, and our operator did everything right.

That call recorder saved our bacon repeatedly. It also caught us with our pants around our ankles once or twice when calls WERE handled badly. We tried to compensat the customers for those foul-ups.

There ARE two sides to every story, and most of the time we don't have a call recorder or a video to prove what really happened. And sometimes our memories ARE faulty. Denial CAN make us "remember" things the way we want them to be rather than the way things really happened.

I understand the legal reasons that complaints need to be kept within the legal system - because I have innocently been on the receiving end of a few very serious ones. It's really difficult to deal with a customer who genuinely believes he's in the right, and you can't prove he isn't.

Paula
Old 08-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I understand the legal reasons that complaints need to be kept within the legal system - because I have innocently been on the receiving end of a few very serious ones. It's really difficult to deal with a customer who genuinely believes he's in the right, and you can't prove he isn't.
Who on earth said anything about complaints?
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallytwo1994 View Post
Who on earth said anything about complaints?
read post #10 - "disputes" ..... a possible synonym for "complaints"

P.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
read post #10 - "disputes" ..... a possible synonym for "complaints"

P.
Yes, well that post didn't make any sense either, but it seems to me "Moderators" often address what can only be known from the inside and or reading between the lines.

Until that post, the only possible "complaint" would be someone saying their similar thread was deleated. I may be sorta new here but I've often read posts about service related issues and mostly by Rivet Masters.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #15

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Yes, well that post didn't make any sense either, but it seems to me "Moderators" often address what can only be known from the inside and or reading between the lines.

Until that post, the only possible "complaint" would be someone saying their similar thread was deleated. I may be sorta new here but I've often read posts about service related issues and mostly by Rivet Masters.
I see what you mean and there is a small disconnect here between the topic and my post. I just wanted to make sure we didn't degenerate the thread into a situation where we were dealing with dealer/vendor complaints or disputes. We all have been victims and have our nightmare stories. The original poster was fine in their post.

Paula I appreciate your understanding and you do know what it's like to be unjustly accused without being initially able to present your side of the story.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Cut the mods some slack people

Moderating this site is a considerable task, and frequently a major PITA. The policies that are in place have evolved over years as issues arose, so if they don't make sense to you, they may to someone who dealt with the issues. Further, the institutional memory required to keep everyone and everything straight is also tremendous. Bear in mind that the mods do have other things going on in their lives and do the best they can.

In the mean time, I believe this is a thread about someone having a great experience with Vintage Trailer Supply.

***Soapbox speech ends***

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Mobile By Way Of Atlanta, By Way Of Denver! , Alabama
Nice Job Gen!

Well done Gen. Disarray!
Back on the topic which was created by post #1...

HIP HIP HOORAYYYY VINTAGE TRAILER SUPPLY!
HIP HIP HOORAYYYY!

I've only ordered a handful of things from them but my experience, so far, has been great as well
72BamaStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
I just received a package from Vintage Trailer Supply .Although it took a little while to get here that is not their fault and I am pleased with the contents.Easy ordering also.
Gypsy Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
In the mean time, I believe this is a thread about someone having a great experience with Vintage Trailer Supply.

***Soapbox speech ends***
Please don't misunderstand, my intent was to get us back to the positive posts as well.

Thanks,
Carol
Old 08-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Please don't misunderstand, my intent was to get us back to the positive posts as well.

Thanks,
Carol
Its all good . By the way, I wonder when Vintage Trailer is going to get those cool vintage front window rock guards back in stock, I really, really need one ...

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote