Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
daveharc

Chandler , Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to daveharc
Airstream warranty repairs in Arizona

Hello,

Can anyone recommend an Airstream approved repair center that can do Airstream warranty repairs in or near Arizona? Many other Airstreamers I have met highly recommend Oasis RV in Tucson, AZ but apparantly they are no longer an Airstream approved repair center & can no longer get parts from Airstream or perform Airstream warranty work according to Airstream customer support.

Has anyone had experience with RV Solutions in San Diego, CA or Holiday Travel in Albuquerue, NM?

Thanks!!!

-dh-
daveharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2009 25' SS International
Pasadena , California
if you looking all the way to san diego, you might as well go all the way to Los Angeles... these guys are great: Airstream Trailer and Motorhome Service Center - Bellflower, CA
flmgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveharc View Post
Hello,

Can anyone recommend an Airstream approved repair center that can do Airstream warranty repairs in or near Arizona? Many other Airstreamers I have met highly recommend Oasis RV in Tucson, AZ but apparantly they are no longer an Airstream approved repair center & can no longer get parts from Airstream or perform Airstream warranty work according to Airstream customer support.

Has anyone had experience with RV Solutions in San Diego, CA or Holiday Travel in Albuquerue, NM?

Thanks!!!

-dh-
I actually bought my AS from RV solutions in San Diego last month. They took most of the day to wire up my jeep, but it needed everything, not just the brake controller...BUT they told me that they actually contracted it out locally (it was included in my AS cost, which was $1000 cheaper than my first discounted offer at another dealer). They also prepped the AS of course. Everything was pristine. However, I have had intermittent problems with the refrigerator. It cools off and on. But it is possible it was cooling well when they checked it out. Based on my experience I would use them for warranty work. At least I see no reason not to at this point.
Rich of SCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich of SCal View Post
I actually bought my AS from RV solutions in San Diego last month. They took most of the day to wire up my jeep, but it needed everything, not just the brake controller...BUT they told me that they actually contracted it out locally (it was included in my AS cost, which was $1000 cheaper than my first discounted offer at another dealer). They also prepped the AS of course. Everything was pristine. However, I have had intermittent problems with the refrigerator. It cools off and on. But it is possible it was cooling well when they checked it out. Based on my experience I would use them for warranty work. At least I see no reason not to at this point.
Having said that, I think I am going to contact C&G trailer service in Bellflower to see about my refrigerator problem. They are much closer to me and I hear they do good work.
Rich of SCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
I was surprised when I stopped at Oasis RV Tucson a few weeks ago and learned they no longer do Airstream warranty work. Anyone know why? Who dropped who?

They do Dometic warranty work however and replaced my fridge under warranty.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Long Time Lurker

2010 31' Classic
Quincy , Illinois
I think Dillon RV in Apache Junction is a certified service shop that can do warranty repairs. We had them install a hitch last year and check our axles and brakes this year and had no problem. Andy, the service manager was OK to deal with but YMMV.
boodalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodalu View Post
I think Dillon RV in Apache Junction is a certified service shop that can do warranty repairs. We had them install a hitch last year and check our axles and brakes this year and had no problem. Andy, the service manager was OK to deal with but YMMV.
Dillon RV is no longer listed as an Airstream dealer (sales or service) on the Airstream web site.

Larry Huttle is supposed to be opening a dealership in Scottsdale this year, but no word so far.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
daveharc

Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
Dillon RV is no longer listed as an Airstream dealer (sales or service) on the Airstream web site.

Larry Huttle is supposed to be opening a dealership in Scottsdale this year, but no word so far.
Airstream customer service sent me a document listing all the Airstream authorized Sales/Service/Parts dealers. Dillons RV City is still listed there. I tried to attached the document but we will see if I did it right and it comes thru!

-dh-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CURRENT%20AIRSTREAM%20DEALER%20LISTING[1].pdf (42.8 KB, 117 views)
Old 02-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Thanks for that update. It appears that service only dealers are not listed in the search at the Airstream website. I noticed a service only dealer in California is not listed either.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
daveharc

Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
Thanks for that update. It appears that service only dealers are not listed in the search at the Airstream website. I noticed a service only dealer in California is not listed either.

No problem, Airstream customer service sent me that list via email on February 16th, 2012 but when I spoke to them by phone I got the impression that the list changes periodically. So if you need to verify a certain service/parts dealer some time in the future I would check to see if they have an later revision of the list before determining the status of the dealer in question.

Has anyone heard anything regarding the Airstream status of Oasis RV in Tucson since that it what got me started on my warranty service center adventure?

PS. The list I attached yesterday indicates at the top that it was last saved on 2/19/2012. I wonder how that could be since the date on the email was 2/16/2012!

-dh-