Old 07-08-2009, 05:44 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Jacksonville , Florida
Airstream Restoration in Jacksonville, FL

Just purchased a trailer last week. I'm looking for a someone in or around Jacksonville, FL to help in advice on repairing a rotten Bathroom floor. It might be helpful to show someone in person. I park the trailer in Lake Butler, Union County. It feel pretty soft inside and the aluminum underneath has started to disconnect from the frame. It is also rotten on the inside of the back tool box. I have a manual on the way, but I guess the grey water tank has rusted and or the pipes have broken at some point. Have not pulled up the floor as yet, but excited for the adventure. Concerned to some degree about rot to the frame and the potential unknown costs associated. Any help is appreciated.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by camdwilson View Post
Just purchased a trailer last week. I'm looking for a someone in or around Jacksonville, FL to help in advice on repairing a rotten Bathroom floor. It might be helpful to show someone in person. I park the trailer in Lake Butler, Union County. It feel pretty soft inside and the aluminum underneath has started to disconnect from the frame. It is also rotten on the inside of the back tool box. I have a manual on the way, but I guess the grey water tank has rusted and or the pipes have broken at some point. Have not pulled up the floor as yet, but excited for the adventure. Concerned to some degree about rot to the frame and the potential unknown costs associated. Any help is appreciated.

Hey camd,

Welcome to the forum. There may be others in your area who are willing to drop by, but if you can post some pictures of your problem areas you can begin receiving replys almost immediately.

Best of luck, and welcome again,

Kevin

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
Floor

Welcome to the forums. You are in for a lot fun (work). I am in the process of replacing the floor in my 68 Trade Wind. Most everything you need to know has been written about in depth on the forums. May take a while to find exactly what you need to answer questions, but most is here. Be sure and check the floor around the door and in the cabinets or anywhere a vent stack goes through the top. You may be surprised what you find, I was.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0120.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	83652  
Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by camdwilson View Post

What grey water tank? I'm not certain, but I don't think a '72 would have come with a grey tank --- didn't they start in '74? Hope you get lucky and find one in yours though - none in mine so I use a roll-around Thetford. I'm definitely not up to adding the grey tank at this point.

Glad you're excited about the adventure!!! I would be more excited about mine if it weren't so bloody hot. I went out yesterday to work on my propane tank hold-down bar and, within about 30 minutes, I was soaking wet. And the mosquitos were coming out. Covered storage with A/C sure sounds nice for reno work! Don't forget to post pics as you get things done!!!
Laura
Old 07-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
old mystic , Connecticut
We have a 72 tradewind and I can tell you with great certainty that you do not have a grey water tank. They didn't start installing them until I think 1973.

We have added one to ours, plus a zillion other things, we have just finished an year renovation on ours and we are headed out on Saturday for our first LONG adventure, we are taking our grandkids to South Dakota and places in between!

Ask questions here, they will all be more than happy to answer them with wonderful advice and much encouragement. Heck when we started this Airstream Dream we didn't even know what a Blackwater, greywater or any other water tank was!

Annette

P.S. You can go to the tradewind section and click onto tradewinds 1970-1979 then click on Annette's Folley and you can see how we removed the bathroom floor and installed a grey water tank.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
JD Sanders RV in Alachua does these repairs. They may be able to give you some advice. jim