Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #1

2007 25' Safari
Richmond , British Columbia
Airstream repair/service near Vancouver, BC?

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone can recommend a good repair/service shop near Vancouver, BC?

Recently bought a 2007 25' RB Safari and simply want to make sure she's in tip-top shape for our first proper 1-month trip this spring.

Thanks!
JT
JTvancity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:37 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Calgary , Alberta
Traveland is the Airstream dealer in western Canada and there is one in Langley
Ronyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #3

2007 25' Safari
Richmond , British Columbia
Traveland was actually the company I called first this morning and they said they wouldn't work on an airstream older than 10 years, which I found to be disappointing
JTvancity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Prince Edward County , Ontario
Traveland's refusal to work on older trailers kind of sucks. I would suggest contacting the local Airstream Club to see if they can provide some help. I met a group of them four years ago in Penticton when they were on a mini-caravan. They were a really nice group of people.

http://www.airstreambc.com
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:29 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
The only time I ever called Traveland to try to arrange service I was disappointed, and it was on a new Airstream. I had to get the mothership involved so they would do the warranty work. I used Midtown in Penticton who is the better choice for anything Airstream in BC. A bit of a treck for you,but if you are headed that way on your trip,it might be worth a call.
gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:48 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
How about Airstream Adventures Northwest, in Seattle, Portland and Boise?

I am told Airstream sells more production to them than anyone else.
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
So if you are driving to get to Airstreams NW I would suggest looking into Boise as I have heard they are the best of the three places....even though not the home base which is in Oregon.
I have had work done in Oregon by these folks and it was okay not stellar just a basic AC replacement....except for the mechanics tools left in my trailer after the work (rusted hex heads tools) and when I called them the response was: Sure you can mail them to us...no offer of helping to pay for postage - so I got a new flashlight compliments of them. Oh, and having to take it back to them because they failed to properly program the AC unit to the thermostat. Just my 8 hours of driving time, gas, and needing to ask them to research things. So they can be good but definitely check every minut detail with them. They are busy and get a bit lax...still solid work as it doesn't trash your trailer and have the skills to do things right.
The net is I have never heard this from the Boise location....but have from the Portland location. In the end I will go back to them but will be all over them like flies on a cow pie to be sure I don't have to go back again. They make it right...but stilll.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:16 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Prince Edward County , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandttimes View Post
The only time I ever called Traveland to try to arrange service I was disappointed, and it was on a new Airstream. I had to get the mothership involved so they would do the warranty work. I used Midtown in Penticton who is the better choice for anything Airstream in BC. A bit of a treck for you,but if you are headed that way on your trip,it might be worth a call.
When we were in the Vancouver area six years ago, we had a plumbing leak behind the kitchen sink I couldn't reach. I called Traveland who said they were booked for the next few weeks. They agreed to do a quick check and had a technician who was able to reach the leak and tighten the connection. At that time they were very professional and we had no problem having the warranty work done. That said, we have used Midtown in Penticton a few times when out west and they were very good to deal with.
Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
You said "Near Vancouver" and have gotten suggestions of Seattle, Portland and Boise. I did like the post that suggested you check in with Airstream owners and what they have done.

If you have decided to go far away, I think Airstream of Spokane is a very good one. They have worked on my 2006 FB and I have no complaints as to prices and service. Very nice people.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari SE
White Rock , British Columbia
Airstream repair shops near Vancouver BC

Hi there - I am the web guy for the WBCCI club in BC. Here are the repair shops near VANCOUVER that advertise in our local newsletter. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AIrstream Repair near VancouverBC.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	357507  
HeavyMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #11
Married with Airstream

2004 25' International CCD
Vancouver Island , British Columbia
I had great service from Arbutus RV in Port Alberni Vancouver Island so you could check them out on the mainland
2013 F-150HD FX4 SuperCrew Lariart (MaxTow) "Red Dragon"
drbrick is offline   Reply With Quote