Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-21-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Asheville , North Carolina
Airstream Adventures NW dealer repair experience Outstanding!

We were traveling from Portland to Zion and called ahead to see if the local dealer had spare door keys to replace the set I left on my propane tank while replacing the trailer tires. Not only did they have them but they also stocked the unobtanium cargo keys already cut for our trailer. As an aside the service manager mentioned that if we arrived too late, we could stay overnight in one of the 6 airstream-passing-thru full hookup spots at their Boise location.

We arrived in time to meet their facilities manager, sales manager and company owner; all by happenstance and timing staying in their Airstream's. Clearly a company that walks the walk but I hadn't yet met the service team.

What began as a quest for keys ended up he next morning with their service team fixing our leaking black tank flush problem, our out of kilter screen door, our continually dropping ceiling vents, our broken sink checkvalve and since we were already there, installing a bike rack. I'm from NY and not easily impressed but the "Chief Experience Officer" tagline on their business cards was borne out. It wasn't just that they fixed our unusual factory defects (failing to crimp a waterline) but when they didn't have a check-valve part, knowing we were passing thru, they went out and found one. We met the mechanic who explained/showed me the problems. Devon, the service advisor, kept us updated all day and when he heard we were low on propane, had that filled for us. Finally, we were unsure of our hitch setup height so Devon checked it and had a mechanic take it apart and set it properly.

Since we had time to kill, we Shopped locally at some authentic cowboy equipment stores supplying the local rodeo and fairground customers. Plus fell in love with the basecamps in Their showroom.

So the upshot of this is that if you need a good service dealer, I'd give these guys a fair opportunity. It is an operation with locations in Portland, Boise, Seattle and the Bay Area. Given how they treated a pass thru customer unlikely to ever buy a unit, I can't help but let y'all know when a dealer does good. Plus, they have a well laid out indoor showroom with plenty of options to see.

https://airstreamnw.com
AirstreamCSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:18 PM   #2
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Boise did the prep on our coach. Bay Area sold it and had them ship it down to us. We were told that they never have any problems with the Boise trailers. Our shake down did not turn up any problems so we figured they were good.

Glad it all went well for you. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:04 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Simply cannot beat a good dealership, thanks for the endorsement.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:14 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Good news, give these guys your business.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2010 20' Flying Cloud
Hailey , Idaho
I can second CSH's assessment, and add one other key observation: They were surprisingly reasonable when the bill was added up last time I had them service my AS. Miz Rosemarie is a pleasure to deal with. As an extra bonus...they finally repaved I-84's approach to Caldwell so popping rivets getting there from the east should be a thing of the past. Safe travels. jon
B00merang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
Love the Boise dealership. Top notch service when we had a problem with the fridge in our Interstate while traveling in 2014. Can't say enough great things about them!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Friday Harbor , Washington
You did good!

As one who believes good needs acknowledgment, and bad called attention to, the effort you took to acknowledge is appreciated. SO I add, I purchased a FC at the Seattle location which was delivered from Boise, checked over in Boise, and 8 months later not a single problem.
Rob Cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
The original owner of my trailer had some floor rot repaired at the Seattle location. This gives me confidence that the job was done right.

Thanks for the post!

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Graham , Washington
Got our 27FB from the Seattle location and they seem to be great people.
h2ocoolerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Olympia , Washington
I have no experience with their service dept.
When we shopped for a 27fb, they quoted us $79,750,which seemed high to me.
I shopped by phone throughout the US and got the lowest price of $70,750, in CA. I went back to them, told them what I found, and asked them to lower their price,which they refused to do. I bought the 27 from the CA dealer.
This year we went back to see the new 33. I asked them for their best price. They said $158,000. I went home, got on the internet, and got a quote from another dealer for $120,000 --- for the identical trailer.
Buyer beware.
RIP "BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
"St. Rocco": M Black Great Dane, 150 lb
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
Wilsonville , Oregon
They're the best!!!!!

I can't believe there is a better dealership than this one.
zigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Airstream Adventures NW

We purchased our 2015 FC 27 from the Portland ( Gladstone) branch, On the day we picked up they gave us a 3 hour orientation, had us look at every detail, into every door and cover and explained what everything did and how it worked. I took it back just before the 2 year warranty was up for an inspection of the brakes and a couple of minor repairs ( my fault). Could not be more pleased with my initial purchase and follow-up inspection. I might add that during my initial purchase I told them what I was willing to pay for the trailor, of course they did not agree. But 3 weeks later they called me up and said OK -- Recommend AS Adventures NW to anyone looking to purchase an AS, you may need a little patience though
lkm4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:44 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2019 23' International
La Habra , California
On our current trip, I accidentally took our steps out on our 20 foot Flying Cloud in Mt Rainier. When we arrived in Seattle I called parts and they ordered replacement steps for us but couldn't install them. I picked them up the next day and installed them. Great customer support.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:37 AM   #14
demijac

2014 27' FB Classic
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to demijac
Great Service Experience at Portland Location

We are full-timers and have had service experience at several Airstream dealerships or authorized service locations around the country. We are always on the lookout for dependable service locations we would feel comfortable going back to.

The Portland location stood out. We had a great service experience and would recommend that location to other Airstreamers. Their service department was very professional and in addition to taking care of our punch list, identified a couple of other minor things that needed fixing. Not the cheapest place we've been to for service but that's ok - we felt that they were service minded, competent and best of all, Airstream knowledgeable. We intend to take our Airstream there for an annual inspection and maintenance going forward.
demijac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
Sharon and I are working with the folks at Airstream NW in Seattle to get a new Classic 30 built. It is in the production schedule at JC right now and I am flying out there in a few weeks to witness the production process. I admit that I was very skeptical about the quality of workmanship at JC (as read in this forum) and so have had AANW agree to an extensive pre-post sale inspection and punch-list. They have been very accommodating and cheerfully helpful. I was able to find a lower price but I think the price we agreed upon was more than fair if they deliver on their service proposition. We should take final delivery around September 30th. We'll keep you all posted.
Bothell, WA
WBCCI 03495
JimskyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:34 PM   #16
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
The 30 was the one coach that I had to inspect when doing the tour. One came off the line just as we were finishing up. It is a beautiful rig. Should give you lots of smiles. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:18 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eugene , OR
Welcome to the west!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamCSH View Post
We were traveling from Portland to Zion and called ahead to see if the local dealer had spare door keys ...
LOTSA LAUGHS HERE, but hey, welcome to the West, or more specifically the Pacific Northwest. People are just different here --- in a number of goooood ways.
KellyAndersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:57 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgentum View Post
I have no experience with their service dept.
When we shopped for a 27fb, they quoted us $79,750,which seemed high to me.
I shopped by phone throughout the US and got the lowest price of $70,750, in CA. I went back to them, told them what I found, and asked them to lower their price,which they refused to do. I bought the 27 from the CA dealer.
This year we went back to see the new 33. I asked them for their best price. They said $158,000. I went home, got on the internet, and got a quote from another dealer for $120,000 --- for the identical trailer.
Buyer beware.
The extra cost might have been worth it for the excellent service they give.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote