Old 07-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1997 30' Excella
Corpus Christi , Texas
Our '97 excella has a similar problem and I think the AC is leaking down the wall next to fridge too. I notice moisture next to fridge along bathroom wall, but very little. I run a dehumidifier as well as AC. I had plumber look and he thought the seals are just overheated not tight, and then the cooling inside is causing the condensation. The drain tube street side is dripping and there is also condensation dropping on curbside.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:18 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Omaha , Nebraska
AC Leaking

I did some poking around on my trailer and learned some things about it. Found out that the drain tube at the front of the camper runs up to the front behind the shelf and stops. It may have been connected to an AC drain in the past but now it just runs up to behind the shelf and stops. Maybe it's for fresh air and prevents condensation up front.
I removed the inside cover of the AC and found a 1981 date stamp on the Coleman AC unit. This on a 1973 camper. Possible it did not come with AC from the factory back in '73. So, it looks like the inside condensation is running in around the seal between the AC and the camper, seal is over 30 years old, after all. Probably have to pull the whole AC out and reseal. Thanks for all of the posts and thoughts. It's great to have a forum to post ideas and get other perspectives once in a while.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:29 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1997 30' Excella
Corpus Christi , Texas
1997 Excella Dometic Penguin AC leak

When our trailer is not level, we get lots of dripping inside. We took it to Camper Clinic II. They said it needs a new drip pan assembly. They stated it is leaking by the bolts. It is $133 plus 2-3 hours labor. When it is level, rarely we see a drip. We have seen leaking on the floor between the fridge and bathroom wall. Perhaps it is leaking there too. Thoughts?