Old 07-08-2003, 01:28 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
Cincinnati , Ohio
Sorry to hear about the accident. Just a little advice from someone who has been in the insurance business for over 20 years...document, document, document and stand firm. Be prepared to show the value of your trailer including the improvements you have made as well as the value of similar units. It would be best if you could get a couple different estimates on the cost of repair. The more documentation you can provide, the better position you will be in to get a fair settlement.

If you feel you are being treated unfairly and your own agent/company is unable to help, keep in mind that most states have a consumer insurance hotline that you can contact for help.

Good luck!

Debby

Old 07-08-2003, 01:34 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Eau Claire , Wisconsin
Thank you Debby, I have pix and receipts for all work and improvements. I do intend to get at least two estimates. I wish they would pay me for the hassle factor.

Wherever you go... there you are!
bhsl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:34 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Get what you have been paying for:....let your insurance company handle the problem....they do it every day....then decide if you want a better deal.....you have been payng the agent-company and everyone else for coverage....now it's time to collect....geof
Old 07-09-2003, 12:51 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
bhsl8

Glad 2 hear U NOT 2 upset my Friend, I took my car in 2day, for repair, an pick up courtesy loan car...same make as mine, FORD, but the biggest piece of trash I have ever driven in my life, 4a NEW car it is AWFUL...an there was NO petrol in it either...more to add onto the claims bill, an 2 top it all the ruddy thing stalled halfway onto the hiway, an REFUSED 2 start, so I had to go an tell them, they were NOT amused. I thought it was funny, in my own way...glad it happened there an NOT 10 miles down the tarmac...The poor young Girls face was a picture alike a rising sun, I told her I had owned soooooo many FORDS-( Fix On Road Daily ) that I was not bothered if they break down anymore, as I class it as accepted tollerance ( The JOYS of Motoring )...
I may get my car bk monday the latest, an MOST sincerely bhsl8 Iwish it were U an Yr A/S...I realy do, but sounds 2 me as if it is gonna b a l o n g while yet, Well, sounds like the other Guy is in 4 it then, what were the violations ?...
* I passed through a RED light in Orlando, an a patrol car was waitin to turn...Ooooppsss!!!...Yes Sir he hit the TWO'S 'n BLUES...and when I finaly STOPPED a mile down the road...after REALISIN it was ME he was after...lol... He said he gonna give my a CITATION...I ran bk to the hire van an told my wife he was gonna READ me some POETRY, well I thought that's what he MEANT...HONEST...an when he saw my drivin license...he jus looked at me an asked where ALL the violation-stamps were...I told him I DON'T have any...he looked at me in a strange way...a kinda " U KIDDIN...Yeh !!!..."...He smiled at me an said..." Getta out o here...enjoy Yr vacation...U did say U were from ENGLAND "... It was quite scarey, with his GUN openly displayed, an he was abt 7 foot tall, an the kinda Guy who one would'nt want 2 owe money to...if U get my drift, No doubt he is a realy NICE Guy...However...I hope Yr Insurers don't hang up the paperwork no longer than it's needed to be...there's NOTHING worse than NOT knowin what's happenin, I find a polite FONE CALL once a week, usually keeps them from 4gettin who U r, and a nice reminder once in a while abt..." People like ME...KEEP people like U in a JOB..."... an thank U 'n have a NICE day to U all, ...Chris.....
Old 07-09-2003, 01:29 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas

Chas
Old 07-09-2003, 02:15 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Eau Claire , Wisconsin
driving on foreign roads

Chris, I'll never forget the first time I drove in the UK. I was in a rented Cortina with a standard transmission. My first faux pas involved going counterclockwise in a roundabout. I lived through that and gained some confidence and sped out into the countryside. I fancy myself a Formula 1 driver and was practicing passing and speed shifting and at one point reacted so quickly that I smashed my right hand into the door reaching for the gear shift. I of course had the clutch in but nothing happened. My wife thought something ran into the car from the "thud " my hand made on the door.

Old 07-09-2003, 02:24 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Try driving in Jamaica,

Like driving in Britain if Britain was a third world country.

I still remember the Rastaman tutoring me on my initial drive, "Keep it to da left my friend and when you see the puss eyes at the roundie keep it to da left even more, blah, blah, blah ya mon! Want some ganja?? Red Stripe??

Chas
Old 07-09-2003, 02:25 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Driving on the left

My first trip was from Gatwick to Southampton. I was dead tired from the flight, badly dehydrated, and I had a Chinese-born engineer with me as a navigator. Every time he got exceited, which was at every intersection and roundabout, he lapsed into Chinese. I would be yelling "Which way?" and he would be yelling something that sounded like "HSDG ygjg jags g jas dg fjkef w fui 8".

I finally reached Southampton and had to cross a bridge that was reduced to one lane by traffic cones. I kept hearing thumps. When I looked in the mirror, all I could see was about 20 orange cones rolling around in the road.

After about 6 months on and off in England, I felt just as comfortable there as here.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:46 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Many years ago my son purchase a brand new sporty car and let me take it for a ride. As i was passing a local Police station a foreigner ran the stop sign at the station and hit me hard. Some days you wonder.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:54 PM   #24
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Re: bhsl8

Quote:
Originally posted by canny_banjo_man
* I passed through a RED light in Orlando, an a patrol car was waitin to turn...Ooooppsss!!!...Yes Sir he hit the TWO'S 'n BLUES...and when I finaly STOPPED a mile down the road...after REALISIN it was ME he was after...lol... He said he gonna give my a CITATION...I ran bk to the hire van an told my wife he was gonna READ me some POETRY, well I thought that's what he MEANT...HONEST...an when he saw my drivin license...he jus looked at me an asked where ALL the violation-stamps were...I told him I DON'T have any...he looked at me in a strange way...a kinda " U KIDDIN...Yeh !!!..."...He smiled at me an said..." Getta out o here...enjoy Yr vacation...U did say U were from ENGLAND "... It was quite scarey, with his GUN openly displayed, an he was abt 7 foot tall, an the kinda Guy who one would'nt want 2 owe money to...if U get my drift, No doubt he is a realy NICE Guy...Chris.....
Chris...

So YOU were the crazy limey that blew that red light that I stopped when I worked in Orlando??? Just kidding! I didn't work in Orlando...

I DID work for San Diego PD for eleven years, many years ago... I'm sure that there are folks out there who told stories about me too...

Roger
Old 07-10-2003, 10:39 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Drivin me wild...

Hi All...
Agn I thank each an every one of U, 4 Yr coments and memories...realy look 4ward 2 readin 'em all... .........
Well...I heard that FLA: got the first ROUNDABOUT a couple of years ago...but NO-ONE...that was NO-ONE could work out what it was, one Guy asked if it was a " GARDEN from SPACE "...
However...Pahaska...What that chap said 2U in Chinese was " What the..He"* ar" U *6="+!!!@#-' "....actualy It's best U don't know ...LOL... Any how " WHAT U wanna go to that place 4 " ?....
Say Roger, when I got the rental van TOTALED back in '00, in FL:, as I put on another post way bk when, ALL I r sayin abt the FL: PLOICE...is this..." THANK'S Guys U were GREAT " come 2 that so were DOLLAR RENTAL...
bhsl8, Well buddy one of my favouite cars IS a CORTINA MK. 1, I had abt 7 different models over the years, an STILL have fond memories for them...
For those of U who are familliar of the slogan " Do it in a WIGWAM "....well over the pond it was known as a COR-tina, ( as in Gee she is nice, we say COR look at that bit of skirt...)
(( SORRY Ladies...NOTHING meant in an OFFENSIVE way )).
I love the LAND ROVER it's ...it's so BRITISH, and YES we saw some in FL:...NEVER seen a HUMMER on the m-25 yet...
Got a fone call from the Ford dealer who doin my car...he says I got a CHIP on my windscreen...SORRY windshield , says I r covered on MY insurance 4 FREE, so he goin to get the mobile "SCREEN" man to fix/seal it...'cos if it goes all the way, could cost as much as £ 400.00 as it is a HEATED/ TINT...I think these Guys sit around ALL day inventin SILLY PRICES jus 2 try scare folk...well he NEVER scared me, I aint scared of anything, OK one thing realy SCARES me...it is the " DEVILS SISTER "...I MARRIED her... !!!...LOL ( ONLY FOOLIN HERE GUYS )...
Well I gotta LEAVE some ROOM 4 Yr post's...si I'll bid U a safe 'n happy evenin...ALL THE BEST...Chris.....
Old 07-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Update...

Hi ALL.....
Firstly, Hi bhsl8...How U doin 2day good buddy, R U gettin anywhere with Yr claim 4 Yr A/S repairs, I kn it takes time, but on our 1st vac: 2 Orlando, we watched a house ( with POOL ) go up in jus under 3 WEEKS...had we NOT cn it with our own eyes we never would believe it... Jus wondered if Yr insurance companies were that QUICK !!!, If NOT sorry 4 upsettin U ...
My car was 2b ready last Fri:, but then 2day, NOW it's WEDNESDAY...some bull sh*t abt awaiting COMPLETION...
What happened was the WRONG colour PAINT was used, it WAS a very NEAR match, but NOT quite the right one...as it is a SPECIAL metalic flake, specialy for the GHIA'S, ( 2 b honest, there are NOT many abt...) so looks like I gotta wait...only hope it is worth it...LOL, They also repaired a chip on my front windscreen, sorry- WINDSHIELD wait 4 it for "F R E E"...there's gotta b a catch somewhere NO-ONE does a £35.00 job 4 NOTHING...specialy a MAIN DEALER...
Well take care now...Chris.....
Old 07-14-2003, 05:37 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Eau Claire , Wisconsin
update

Hey Chris. Ins company has set appt to look at the AS tomorrow. I still don't have any worry about the Excursion, they don't even want to see that. The rep I spoke with talked about totaling the trailer but I will wait and see what they say before I confront them. Still haven't heard back from Steve at Ace Fogdall but he said be patient. My Excursion is black so I won't have any color issues. Good luck with yours.

Old 07-15-2003, 03:01 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re Issue...

Hi bhsl8...
Wow...That's great news, I jus hope the follow-up goes smooth 'n quick 4U, Now where it gets hard is, well over here, is that if my car has bn totaled, the Ins: would only pay out BOOK-PRICE, it is a kind of vehicle pricing bible, an falls into 3 parts, bad high miles payin out price, middle band price & top dog price, 'fraid mine is 'between bottom 'n middle, but even PLEADIN 2 'em it is PRICELESS 2 me...jus FALLS on DEAF EARS, an can add another 2-3 months hagglin, for a meanie xtra $ 30-50...it's one BIG leagal FIDDLE...
If they do total Yr's are U goin 2 ask 4a BUY-BACK...U may get a GREAT price 4 Yr A/S, + 2 keep Yr other for a well knock down price, then either sell on or self build, now that would be a great RESTORATION project...!!!...IF U r BRAVE ENOUGH...LOL, .....
I done that with a car I had owned many, many MOONS ago, I paid my £25.00 4a full chassis & body alignment drop test passed, so put on a used rear vallance & bumper, tha pair of reversing lamps, Re-notified our local license dept:, Guy came out 2 the MOT garage, inspected it, full MOT obtained...and sold the car next day for £ 300.00...+ my ins: pay out, 'n got myself a NICE newer car...all took abt...7 months...anyhow...it's ONLY time, lol.
What IS the EXCURSION ??? that they don't want 2c...???Y say it is BLACK...completly stumped me this time SIGH !
Well agn GOOD LUCK 2U, ENJOY Yr day...Chris.....