Old 12-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Apopka , Florida
A/C or thermostat issue

I have noticed that when I run our A/C on cool mode and dial it to 68 degrees, that once it reaching the temp the fun runs up to high and then it turns off. It stays off for maybe 30 seconds and then starts up again. I tried raising the temp on the thermostat to like 74 and the A/C just continues to run, even though it says the inside temp is 68. The thermostat should be satisfied. So, being frustrated and not wanting the thing to run all night and freeze up, I just turned it off. The next morning, turn it back to cool and it's probably less than 68 inside temp with the thermostat set at 74 and the AC just turns on. The only fix seems to be to pull the fuse for the thermostat and then it behaves normally again. Any ideas?

rfequity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:01 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Tracktown USA , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfequity View Post
I have noticed that when I run our A/C on cool mode and dial it to 68 degrees, that once it reaching the temp the fun runs up to high and then it turns off. It stays off for maybe 30 seconds and then starts up again. I tried raising the temp on the thermostat to like 74 and the A/C just continues to run, even though it says the inside temp is 68. The thermostat should be satisfied. So, being frustrated and not wanting the thing to run all night and freeze up, I just turned it off. The next morning, turn it back to cool and it's probably less than 68 inside temp with the thermostat set at 74 and the AC just turns on. The only fix seems to be to pull the fuse for the thermostat and then it behaves normally again. Any ideas?
Not sure what your yr/model and that may be a difference, especially re zone settings.

This may be the same as pulling the fuse, but i found a hard boot to factory specs solved my problems. Details in the op's manual.

Bob

CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Apopka , Florida
I have done the hard reboot and it worked great!
rfequity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:18 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Tracktown USA , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfequity View Post
I have done the hard reboot and it worked great!

rfequity, that's great news. It has saved me a couple of times.

Happy Trails

Bob
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote