Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #1

1968 20' Globetrotter
Penrose , Colorado
A big thank you.... to Airforums and Soldiermedic

Calling out a big thank you to airforums and particularly member soldiermedic for helping me out today.

Two weeks ago I bought a '76 31' airstream on Ebay out of the San Antonio area hours before going in for surgery in Colorado. (A woman needs something to look forward to After recovering well enough to travel, I flew to see family in Austin and drove down to San Antonio today to inspect, pay for and drive my new trailer off into the sunset -- or at least as far as Austin -- where I had arranged to have some work done before towing it back to Colorado.

Soldiermedic was extremely helpful on the phone prior and agreed to meet me to inspect the trailer. It was a free service and he drove 45 minutes to the site. Despite argumentative sellers, he did an amazing job of finding the issues (frame separation, wet interior floors, evidence of a mouse colony, and thousands of dollars of unmentioned issues and problems that I would not have caught). Sadly, I have decided to pass on the trailer (much to the sellers frustration) but am excited to have saved so much time and energy on my end and look forward to finding a more suitable match.

Thank you again, airforums, for providing such a valuable service. And to Soldiermedic, wow, muchos muchos gracias. Southern Texas is lucky to have someone so passionate, generous and knowledgeable about Airstreams. Let me know if you get to Colorado -- we'll hook you up!

Beryl aka Sunshinegrrl
sunshinegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Bothell , Washington
You will find a great one! I too had an inspection from a fellow member on here. In short, I wouldn't have purchased without him there! !

Good luck!

https://ismelltexas.wordpress.com
texasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegrrl View Post
Calling out a big thank you to airforums and particularly member soldiermedic for helping me out today.

Two weeks ago I bought a '76 31' airstream on Ebay out of the San Antonio area hours before going in for surgery in Colorado. (A woman needs something to look forward to After recovering well enough to travel, I flew to see family in Austin and drove down to San Antonio today to inspect, pay for and drive my new trailer off into the sunset -- or at least as far as Austin -- where I had arranged to have some work done before towing it back to Colorado.

Soldiermedic was extremely helpful on the phone prior and agreed to meet me to inspect the trailer. It was a free service and he drove 45 minutes to the site. Despite argumentative sellers, he did an amazing job of finding the issues (frame separation, wet interior floors, evidence of a mouse colony, and thousands of dollars of unmentioned issues and problems that I would not have caught). Sadly, I have decided to pass on the trailer (much to the sellers frustration) but am excited to have saved so much time and energy on my end and look forward to finding a more suitable match.

Thank you again, airforums, for providing such a valuable service. And to Soldiermedic, wow, muchos muchos gracias. Southern Texas is lucky to have someone so passionate, generous and knowledgeable about Airstreams. Let me know if you get to Colorado -- we'll hook you up!

Beryl aka Sunshinegrrl
Thanks Beryl,

I know you will find the right one....just keep looking I also know what it is like to be starting out and knowing nada about these trailers, so helping someone not make my mistakes was a no brainer!

Best luck and safe travels,

Steve
Old 10-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Well done Steve! Well done indeed.

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
Well done Steve! Well done indeed.
Thanks Chuck, but was just doing my duty to help a fellow streamer. Didn't even know Beryl posted this till someone emailed me today about it.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Good job Steve!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote