Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

woodhaven , New York
`59 Overlander (26 foot) original LP heater

Just bought a 59 overander all original and in restorable condition. Im at my other home and not able to get info off the gas regulator so maybe someone can help point me in the right direction. The heater when I tried it with full tank of gas, I get almost no.gas to the pilot and when heater is lit very low flame to the burners. Think the heater control needs a rebuild. Where can I get parts if needed? Old water heater control? Anyone know what the make and model is? There is a 4 flame burner. Thank you. Rick
rick670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1969 23' Safari
Blenheim , Ontario
Purchase a new regulator. If its the original, you might want to start there. Safer as well. Cheers on the new purchase!
Cyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

woodhaven , New York
Thanks. I have a new one on hand but it's like 05 degrees outside and waiting for spring weather. Just making my work lists now... checking had lines, some new electric with breaker panel, interior cleanup and still deciding to go all original with the end sofa or booth setup.
rick670 is offline   Reply With Quote