Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2016, 07:31 AM   #1
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
2014 AS - Interior LED light removal

I have a 2014 AS and am looking to drop an interior light so I can possibly fish some solar wires from the roof (a whole separate issue).

I pulled the light down a bit and see that it's secured by spring loaded arms. Before I break anything, what's the best way to pull the entire assembly down? Stick a wooden shim in there and push back one arm?

I think the light is this one.

Thank you.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:42 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1967 28' Ambassador
1964 19' Globetrotter
1960 24' Tradewind
Edgewood , Kentucky
Those are easy to remove. Just simply pull down. The springs will resist you a little but will not break. They can be pushed inward further than the hole itself without harm (to aid installation). Watch out for when you do pull it completely out, those springs have a "mouse trap"-like effect and can pinch you if your not paying attention. When installing You then simply hold the springs back towards the center, pinched together and then insert into the opening slightly. Once both springs are within the hole you just push up and allow the spring to hold it in place.
Keeping the Art on the road, one project at a time
ArtisanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Thanks. I was hoping that was the case. Again, just didn't want to break anything.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
shadedsilver

2014 27' FB International
Bisbee , Arizona
How do you remove the LED under the counter lights in a 2014 so you can replace the bulb? They seem solid and I too don't want to break anything.
shadedsilver is offline   Reply With Quote