04-18-2016, 01:14 PM
2013 30' Classic
Join Date: Dec 2015
2013 Classic Upgrade and Repairs Report
First of all, I must thank the members of Air Forums.
I have been lurking the Air Forums for a few years now and have picked up some really great ideas on repair and upgrades. I recently decided to join Air Forums and provide a little feedback on what I learned from everyone here.
The following list of repairs and upgrades have been performed on our 2013 Classic that we purchased new and now has 40,000 miles on it. All work was performed by me unless otherwise noted. My wife and I are full timers, and both working from the road.
- Cheap Factory Mattress Upgraded with custom memory foam on day one.
- Electrical Management System Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C Installed. Since installed the EMS has tripped off twice due to faulty Campground power and once due to open ground on my generator. Next to the memory foam mattress, the EMS was the best upgrade investment so far.
- Dual Honda EU2000I Companion Generators and fuel carried in the truck.
- Water Pump is ON LED installed.
- Gas Water Heater is ON LED installed.
- Electric Water Heater is ON LED installed.
- Cheap Plastic Gas Range Vent Upgraded with Stainless Steel Vent.
- Portable FlowJet Sewer Macerator Kit, carried in truck.
- Outside 12VDC 20 Amp service outlet installed for FlowJet Sewer Macerator.
- Wired Backup Camera mounted on rear bumper.
- Bedroom incandescent light assemblies Upgraded with LED.
- Oxygenics-Body-Spa-Shower-Head upgrade.
- 4G WeBoost 4 Band 65dB Cell Phone Repeater Installed.
- 15 ST Marathons Upgraded with 16 Michelin LTX Tires.
- Paper Towel Hanger Installed in Kitchen.
- Cheap Plastic Toilet Lid & Seat Upgraded to Solid Wood.
- Bubble Level Indicators Installed on Hitch.
- City Water Pressure Regulator with analog gauge installed in Water Management Box.
- Webber Q gas BBQ grill modified to utilize AS LP Propane.
Active Repair Issues and TBD Upgrades
- Main Door Hinge Repaired (Warranty). Performed by JD Sander RV located in Alachua FL.
- Tank Level Sensors Replaced (Warranty). Performed by JD Sander RV.
- Faulty Water Heater Switch Assembly Replaced.
- Faulty Living Room TV Replaced.
- Leaky Grey Water dump valve connection at flexible elbow Repaired. Accessed the leak using custom hatch that had been cut in the tank pan earlier by JD Sander RV.
- Leaky Refrigerator condensate drain hose Repaired.
- Faulty Solar Charge Controller Replaced (Warranty).
- Overloaded Dinette Seat Drawer Slides Replaced. Still overloaded.
- Original set of ST Marathons tires prematurely worn, Replaced with same by Campers World at Cocoa FL.
- Major pipe leak under Kitchen Sink. Repaired.
- Loose connection at Main DC Cutoff switch Repaired.
- Broken Folding Table Latch at Couch Replaced.
- Burned out 12V Halogen bulb above Couch Replaced.
- Burned out 12V Neon Light above Kitchen sink Replaced.
- Broken ZipDee Awning strut claw assembly Replaced. (Warranty)
- Underbelly ripped with 6 foot gash and gas line severed by road debris. Sheet metal Repaired by JD Sanders RV. They did a great job BTW.
- Leaky Black Tank Flush line. Needs Repair.
- Kitchen Cabinet drawers will not stay closed when moving. Needs Marine style Locks installed. Currently using bungee cords to keep things secure when moving.
- Tank Level indicators intermittently fail and are inaccurate. System needs Upgraded to something that works reliably.
- Outside Water Management Box and side storage box on opposite side is rusting out. Needs SS Upgrade. Leaky flush line will be repaired while this upgrade is being done.
- Portable outdoor Gas Coleman stove need modification to utilize AS Propane.
- Brakes over 50% worn and due for Replacement.
- Clear Coat failing on a corner of the rear access hatch. Needs Repainted.
- Worn looking Cloth covered Dinette cushions need upgraded to Ultraleather to match couch.
- Drawer slides under Couch needs upgraded to heavier assembly.
Using the ideas and helpful hints found on Air Forums, I have saved thousands of $$$ in repair costs and made our life on the road more comfortable. Thank you so much.