Old 02-15-2015, 05:46 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2013 19' International
Currently Looking...
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
2012 19' Intl. - move TV, install microwave?

We just purchased a 2012 Airstream International 19' in "Pristine" condition.
This is our 3rd Airstream over the last 25 years.

Now, the TV is mounted on a board above the refrigerator. Takes up all of the space on the top of the refrigerator that I'd like to use to mount a small Emerson microwave oven.

Thinking of moving the TV to the wall that is between the refrigerator and the bed. The particle board of the board the TV is currently mounted on appears to be the same thickness as what it is currently mounted on over the frig.

1. Has anyone done this and will the wall between the frig and the bed support the weight/stress of the articulated arm and TV?
2. Suggestions for a secure method of mounting the microwave above the frig?

Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
I mounted a TV on the wall beside the refer in my 1987 Excella. The wall is veneer over particleboard. What I did was buy some 1x4 red oak, cut it into two lengths to fit across that wall and stain the boards to match the oak cabinets in the AS. I then screwed these boards to the wall, basically into the framing behind the wall using brass screws with a brass washer under each screw. Then I attached the swing-out TV mount with the large screws supplied, right through the 1x4's and well into the wall. The TV, btw, is a 24" Samsung.
AIR 12148
1987 Excella 32-foot
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote