Old 06-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
2006 28' International CCD
DOTHAN , Alabama
2006 Dometic Penguin Drain Pan replacement?

I have a 2006 28' with a Dometic 600 Series Penguin and the drain pan/plug is leaking in the unit. I have seen where drain kit replacement kits are available and have further questions. Do I have to remove the air conditioner? How do I get the airstream pan out-it appears glued on? How do you cut the holes for the new drain pans? About to leave on a trip in 4 days and trying to fix. THANKS

yogijames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
You have to remove the AC to replace the pan. The pan is sealed onto unit...I use Vulcum. Don't go for the Penguin drain cups...they are a mess, make the unit set to high and don't work as well as a good pan installation. You can get it all done in four days if you can get the pan.

"If it can't be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, refinished, resold, recycled or composted
then it should be restricted, redesigned or removed from production."
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
1976 29' Ambassador
Fitchburg , Wisconsin
My experience is different. I had a pan on our trailer and it had several cracks after 4 years of use. The worst one was the part that connected to the drain tube: lots of water in side the trailer with both rain and AC use. I changed to the cups and no leaks thus far. I used the instructions Lewster provided on the forum. Most difficult part was getting the pan "unglued" from the trailer top. I used 2 10' scaffolds and a board above the trailer roof. It really helps to have 2 people for moving the AC unit to fit the new gaskets and getting the unit back in place.
dennis3751 is offline   Reply With Quote