Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #1

1997 Integrity 5th Wheel
Zanesville , Ohio
1997 Airstream Integrity 5th wheel - 30 ft

Hello!

I have a 1997 Airstream Integrity 5th wheel, but it needs some pretty extensive repairs.

Long story short, my wife and I picked up, sold everything and bought this camper(not knowing much about campers) to move 250 miles and planned on living in it. We got it for a decent price, but the owner told us everything was great with it and I visually didn't see anything really wrong.

Well scratch that, few months later found water damage in 3 different areas(large slide wall, small slide floor and also on the wall/floor around the kitchen sink by water heater), had to replace electric sockets and also the AC condenser is kicking the breaker so it didn't work all summer. The water damage does not appear to be coming from the roof itself, so that's intact. We had planned on living in it, but my wife is pregnant and we found mold in the wet areas of the floor near the hot water heater so now it's not really safely livable.

This is a $9500 camper on the NADA website with all the proper options chosen, I guess I'm just out of luck and looking on what to do with it without taking a complete loss...

I've tried calling and explaining the issues to dealers, none of them want to buy it because it's too old or labor is too expensive. I've tried selling it to individuals and had a few bites that just completely fell through due to odd circumstances.

I need some advice on who I can look for that may take this on by buying it off of me or something... I'm flat broke so I have no money to invest on repairing this thing. We literally sold everything and bought this camper with that money. We are in the Southern Central, KY area about two hours north of Nashville, TN.

Anyone with any productive advice would be helpful... I'm at a loss after a few months of trying to sell it. It's just sitting there not doing anything and we need the money so we can start saving to get land now--I'm done with campers! : /

Thanks
droptozro is offline   Reply With Quote