Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

forks , Washington
1988 airstream, new to the forum

! You all should know how exciting it is to be new to Airstreams and to find this forum! My fiancee and I bought a 1988 Airstream for $2200. WE're going to live in it through college for the next four years, so we are cleaning it up and re upholstering the inards, among other things.
The trailer is in great shape and just needs some new bits and pieces. I'm working on finding out basic information on it. I think its a 29 foot model, but then I can't find that number anywhere, all I can dig up is the Vin number : 1ABGAJN26JJ200827 and that it was manufactured in January of '88. Its the Argosy color scheme, but it says airstream on the side instead of Argosy. I Understand they made the Argosy for a few years but switched back to the airstream name?

I've been going through the old topics, and am grateful to you all for the collective information you have all amassed :-)

thanks!
Justin Rondeau
jfrondeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
old mystic , Connecticut
Argosy was an Argosy. made by Airstream. It was suppose to be a more economically priced Airstream product. I believe it is a little narrower than an AS. has steel end caps instead of aluminum and painted white.

Post a picture, lots of knoweledge here.

Annette
bullydogsmom is offline   Reply With Quote