Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Dripping Springs , Texas
1970 Airstream Sovereign

I am the new owner of a 1970 Sovereign Airstream. The outside is in good shape but the inside needs to be gutted to say the least! Austin is a big town for airstreams and I've always loved the look of the vintage styles. My husband and I have absolutely no idea where to start on this project and the inside needs lots of TLC! So..... I might want to purchase another one that does not need work but ready to go. Anyone out there know of interested person that needs an airstream project or can help us get started with this one? Signed: Lost In The Texas Hill Country!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
HOuston , Texas
As we speak

I'm in the same boat with my '70 Soverign, but I'm gonna stay the course and get it back right again. I've got too much invested in it now to turn back. Besides, there is a lot of folks here on this forum that have "been there, done that", and are very knowledgable on all aspects of restoration. Give it some time, the heat's gonna be gone here in a few weeks, and you can work in the cool of the day. I have relatives livin' out in Llano, and I know all been in the triple digits all summer long, so bring on the cool days and begin your restoration....it'll be fun, and you'll be sittin' back and admiring your work, as the Silver begins to shine....good luck, and "Onward Thru The Fog".....Fossilseeker

Old 09-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Hey krrcolorado!
Congrats on the new project! Been working on mine a month and a day... seems longer for some reason. I'm a newb at all this, but if there's anything you need help with, don't be afraid to ask. And, don't farm it out, jump in there and do it yourself, even if you get another one to use while doing over the Sovereign. When you get done, there won't be a problem that can pop up on a trip that you won't know how to fix.

See ya 'round,
-Red
Old 09-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Bothell , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by krrcolorado View Post
I am the new owner of a 1970 Sovereign Airstream. The outside is in good shape but the inside needs to be gutted to say the least! Austin is a big town for airstreams and I've always loved the look of the vintage styles. My husband and I have absolutely no idea where to start on this project and the inside needs lots of TLC! So..... I might want to purchase another one that does not need work but ready to go. Anyone out there know of interested person that needs an airstream project or can help us get started with this one? Signed: Lost In The Texas Hill Country!
We have a 74 sovereign!!! My fiance and i, and our two labs, are taking a journey from Seattle to Key West, FL. On the way back, we are relocating to..... wait for it.... DRIPPING SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!!

My brother has property off 290... near plum lady lane?? You know it????

Happy streaming! We will have to meet up once we arrive!

-Leo

http://ismelltexas.wordpress.com
texasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Bothell , Washington
BTW, any pictures??

http://ismelltexas.wordpress.com
texasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Weatherford , 76086
Panama, one of the real benefits of owning an AS is the knowledge and feeling of accomplishment that you acquire as time goes by after jumping in there and figuring it out and getting her fixed.

Tags
sovereign