I'm in the process of a shell on full gut job. I would of and wish I could of taken shell off, but living in a neighborhood I'm already down to the wire before the city and HOA start finning me close to $600 a day if I don't get my AS moved. I brought it home to put new axles under her and then realized I had horrible rearend separation and cracked, bent frame.
You can see in the first two pics the skin bowing and the rear right side bumper dropping. That's with it on jack stands. Off the stands I can reach my hand through the gap.
I have now completely gutted it. I anchored the frame to the driveway and bent it back straight. Welding in steel plates through the c channel, welded new outriggers in and painted the frame with por15. The most time consuming part was getting rid of all the freaking spray foam insulation. It was everywhere and a pain to remove.
The c channel in the rear and back sides was almost completely destroyed. So after putting in new sub floor I've made new thicker aluminum c channel. I also added a aluminum flashing in the rear to prevent water from coming in off the bumper storage.
Last night I finished welding up the front section of the frame and am just waiting for the por15 to dry so I can put in the new floor and start putting her back together.
This was a unplanned project but after tearing into her I'm so glad I did. The amount of dirt poop and dead rodents I found was motivation enough to completely gut her. Not to mention the fried wirring I've found and had to replace and the ground wires not connected
The nice thing to about having it gutted I've been able to seal everything up and fix all the dents
Ok break times over back to work before the city starts finning me