Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Brakes & Brake Controllers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
P3 and Henseley TruControl are not the same - Or Hensly is overtly frauduent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Woodruff View Post
The original TruControl, the one described that was purchase 5 or 6 years ago, was a BrakeSmart and had a transducer that tapped into the master cylinder of the tow vehicle to read brake pressure.

The current TruControl has an accelerometer that some how magically turned into being labeled a "gyroscope" by the company. Maybe a "gyroscope" sounds more high-tech than an accelerometer and they think they can charge twice what a comparable controller costs? It's just more "double talk" by the company that has mastered it as an art form. However, when the parts for the current TruControl are purchased from the vendor it is listed as an accelerometer by the company that sells that component. It is an accelerometer, regardless of what they call it.
Sean works for or owns "ProHitch" showing at the bottom of all his posts. I guess somehow they are competition for him. Maybe he just doesn't like more expensive stuff, but given my research, which is better than his obvious bias, there are a number of things that comet to light.

Tokonsha no where that I have seen even claims to have the functionality the Hensley openly advertises. The Gyroscope / Accelerometer that Hensely uses may be called anything by anybody, but the point is they are able to determine and react to different information than the P3 or any other controller on the market that I have found.

They know your incline (uphill vs downhill). They know your speed (Quite accurately). They know if you are banking right or left and to what degree. They know if you are accelerating or decelerating and at to what degree.

Every one of these things changes the timing and relative force with which the breaks are applied.

Beyond the Gyro thing, they know when the breaks are heating up and need more power to continue to provide the same stopping power.

If for example you are headed downhill and banking to the right. They apply the brakes correctly for that particular senario, or at least that is what they have tried to do.

There is no question in my mind that the Hensley Tru-Control is either the most sofisticated brake controller on the market, or they are going beyond marketing to direct lying.

Everything is bought on Faith, every statement is received on faith based on your perception.

BTW the economy is bad right now and people are less willing to spend more money. I would not have bought a TruControl either, but I still would have believed it was the best. I can make a financially based decision taking the risks without making excuses.

They are also coming out with a new model, and it will have automatic calibration, but the current model has manual initial calibration before you tighten some set screws. The price on that one will be $375 per plan, and it doesnt come out for a few months.

I am an IT manager, and a first time trailer puller (An excellent test case). The only standard of comparison I have is my Dad's descriptions of pulling a trailer back in the 70s.

I will log back on and let everybody know how my trip from Orange County California to Vancouver goes. 4000lb TT with 6 daughters and a wife. I will be traveling highway 1 at times, with curvy cliff side roads. If I survive I will log back on and let everybody know.

I consider myself an above average researcher, and BS detector. I am not messing around. For my money I believe the TruControler is the best on the market, matching according to many reviewers the performance of Electric/Hydraulic brakes controled by a brakesmart at a much higher price.

I am on a budget, and I probably would have bought a Prodigy if the price was not currently decreased.

None of the people slamming the Tru-Control have used it. All of those using it bought it, and are happy with it from my read. The biggest opponents are in the business and not to be trusted.
Zondervan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #22
ProPride Industries, Inc.
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post
None of the people slamming the Tru-Control have used it. All of those using it bought it, and are happy with it from my read. The biggest opponents are in the business and not to be trusted.
Yes, I have "used" it. I was the vice president of the company when it was developed. I'm the guy the NAMED IT when it was the private labeled BrakeSmart!

I don't have any problem with being trusted because I only report facts that can be verified.

I snipped it out of your post but I find it curious that you know the price of the new controller "per plan." Why not just come out and say who you are and that you work for the company?
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
Sean's Comments, and associations reveal is Bias

HERE Is what I Had Typed up, before I saw that Sean had replied:
----------------------------------------------------
Ha, Click on Sean's "ProPride" link and it becomes obvious that he severed from the company he is now being critical of. I am guessing there is some bad blood there. He used to be a big wheel there and he broke of and made his own business. He may know the truth, but don't trust that you are getting the truth from him.

BTW - Looks like he has a pretty cool product!, but I suppose if you talk to Hensley Mfg, they would try to debunk it and tell you that the Hensley hitch is better.

-----------------------------------

Sean I am an IT Mangager working for a Commercial Digital Video Projection Company in Orange County California. My brother in Law announced that he was getting Married in Vancouver, and he wants the five of my daughters that have been born already to be in his wedding as flower girls. We have a 6th daughter on the way, and I wanted the safest Brake controller I could find to pull a Tent Trailer I am borrowing from My father in Law a few hour north of us (he is going to fly). We are encorporating a two week camping vacation into our Wedding trip. Not only do I not work for Hensley, but you used to, which makes you biased. I have never been a salesmen, but I have been a preacher, and plan to get back to that as soon as I am ready!
Old 06-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
Oh, I just bought one today, and I asked what the price was going to be, and that is what I think he said. He gave me the exact price per plan, but I may not be remembering accurately. That was to the best of my memory, which isn't always great.

Good try though, I think all you have managed to do is find out I am just a customer, and you are a person whom I would never trust the opinion of given your previous association with the company.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
He may know the truth, but don't trust that you are getting the truth from him.
I resent being called a liar. My record with my customers, and NON customers, speaks for itself. I have helped THOUSANDS throughout the last 12+ years and you won't find one single instance that I have not given the truth. Please do your homework before you start spewing your nonsense.

I would think that a person using the name of a Christian company as a username would have some facts to back up the accusation that I don't tell the truth.
Tu ne cede malis
Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
Sean,

Given that you only state facts that can be verified. I notice that there are a lot of things you did not say, and a lot of points I made that you did not contradict.

Of course you have used it, but you are not a regular customer, and when I come to forums I am looking for the opinions of regular customers, because what really matters is the actual experience, which I admittedly can't report on yet. Those normal customer experiences were all positive, you did not discuss your experience with the product at all, probably because you would have to admit that it works great, or get sued by your former employer. lol
Old 06-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
I never called you a liar! I said a person in your position cannot be trusted. I am calling you a salesman for a competative company. I did a lot of research, otherwise I would have nothing to say.

I would trust you just fine on another topic, other than the products of your former employer.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
BTW - Zondervan was a last name long before it was a company name, like many other company names.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
Sean,

Given that you only state facts that can be verified. I notice that there are a lot of things you did not say, and a lot of points I made that you did not contradict.

Of course you have used it, but you are not a regular customer, and when I come to forums I am looking for the opinions of regular customers, because what really matters is the actual experience, which I admittedly can't report on yet. Those normal customer experiences were all positive, you did not discuss your experience with the product at all, probably because you would have to admit that it works great, or get sued by your former employer. lol
I have no problem saying it works. I also have no problem saying you can get the same performance out of the Tekonsha P3.

I have already been sued by the orange people when they tried to block the Jim Hensley story from being told to the public. That didn't work out too well for them.

Quote:
I never called you a liar! I said a person in your position cannot be trusted. I am calling you a salesman for a competative company. I did a lot of research, otherwise I would have nothing to say.

I would trust you just fine on another topic, other than the products of your former employer.

You said that people can't trust getting the truth from me. What exactly would they be getting if not the truth? A lie?

Not being able to trust is more of a reflection of your heart than anything else, "Zondervan."

By the way, I don't sell brake controllers but I have talked to thousands of people that DO use them and I have used ALL of them myself.
Tu ne cede malis
Old 06-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
Sean,

If I end up pulling my own trailer at some point, I am going to have to seriously look again at your hitch. Your explanations, and design are very compelling. That's a great back story about hensley too. My dad just told me the yesterday, that my Grandpa was pulling trailers back when they were made out of masonite, and he used a Dolly to pull it too. When I saw that in your story, I realized that my Preacher Grandpa started trailer pulling long before it was safe. lol
Old 06-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #31
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
Sean,
Assuming
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #32
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
Assuming I was masqarading as a regular person though I was really a salesman, must be a reflection of your heart "Sean".
Old 06-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
Sean,

If I end up pulling my own trailer at some point, I am going to have to seriously look again at your hitch. Your explanations, and design are very compelling. That's a great back story about hensley too. My dad just told me the yesterday, that my Grandpa was pulling trailers back when they were made out of masonite, and he used a Dolly to pull it too. When I saw that in your story, I realized that my Preacher Grandpa started trailer pulling long before it was safe. lol

You should look at the orange one. I can't be trusted. You'd be happier with them.
Tu ne cede malis
Old 06-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
Sean,
They would get your version of the truth, wth all the positive points neglected. Not a lie technically, but BIASed partial truth.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #35
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
Assuming I was masqarading as a regular person though I was really a salesman, must be a reflection of your heart "Sean".
Yes, it is. That's where my heart goes when someone comes out of the blue and starts posting sentences about me that is so far from ANYTHING I have ever experienced, from anyone, on any forum.
Tu ne cede malis
Old 06-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #36
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Cool Look before you leap, grandad always said...

Zondervan,

I think you have gone more than a bit beyond your experience level here. You are a brand new poster, and right out of the gate you are trying to besmirch the name of a valued, long-term contributor to this forum, with no basis in fact other than the quick opinion you have formed in four posts.

Sean has never hid anything about his former relationship with H, and as a high-level executive in the industry, intimately involved in product development, I value his opinion more than I could ever value yours, especially in view of the lack of good judgment you demonstrate here.

Had you taken the time to read other posts on the subject at hand (by Sean and others) before making those uninformed comments, you might have had a better chance of not putting your foot so firmly in your mouth.

However, may your upcoming trip go well, and your family be happy and safe in their travels.

ps: I only know of Sean through what I have read on here, and have never spoken to the man, nor had any business relationship with him or anyone in his company. I say this to allay any suspicions you may have about me supporting him, before you jump to any further conclusions.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #37
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
I said you could not be trusted with regard to your previous employers products, which is because what you think and believe is a reflection of your relationship with them, which is a big unknown. Your products however I would also look at on an even playing field with everybody elses claims for their own products. I know you are going to make it sound as good as you can, and I will depend on other research to see if there are any negatives.

I don't trust Politicians when they are politicing, Lawyers when they are attacking or defending, or Salesmen when they are selling, or especially when they are talking about another company, especially one that tried to sue them.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #38
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
Sean was Smearing another company and their products. I was just revealing that fact. In my opinion, he should have openly revealed his bias against the other company or not posted at all.
Aside from that you are probably right on all points, and thanks for you well wishing.

I am definately beyond my experience level. I am just stating my opinion which I have openly admited is only based on my research of this one topic, and the open season sean declared on his former employers products and their integrity.

I was defending them, and revealing his bias. I may very well have a different story when I come back.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #39
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
AAage,

My
Old 06-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member

Anaheim , California
Aage,
What I lack in experience in trailers, I make up for in experience in human nature. I have hardly put my foot in my mouth. I am not ashamed of anything I said. I would be ashamed if I had said what I was accussed of.

I personally choose to trust industry experts, when they are talking technical details about their own products, that is part of the information I need. When it comes to how it actually works out, I only trust customers. I will never trust somebody talking about the product of a company who tried to sue him. I buy millions of dollars worth of technical equipment, and you never get the full story from one companies comparison of another companies products, especially if there is bad blood.

You have not shamed me at all. I am much happier being the whistle blower, than the disgruntled executive.