Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #21
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Cool Thanks,
I may just do that if the AS dealer off I75 is not much help.
I have enough tools to pull that off.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #22
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Hi, Michelle,

I hope the Airstream dealer in Jacksonville helps you. Every time I called them and told them what trailer I had, they were suddenly booked up MONTHS ahead. You will fare better, I hope, with a new trailer.

A creeper and me won't fit under my 31'. I found that out soon after parking it for the first time on its new 34x11 concrete pad.

Of course, you may not (I hope not) be as thick as I am in certain dimensions, but I still think it won't fit.

Good luck!

Lamar
2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #23

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
I called the Jacksonville Dealer "Dick Gore" this morning. They are no longer a dealer. My next best bet is Sanders in Alachua, Fl off I-75 about 2 hours from here.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #24
_

. , .
good info terry, thanks for finding those part numbers....

really the simplest way to inspect the discs, is roll one wheel onto a ramp and remove the other...

michelle, i still think you need to reset the tow command as if brand new....

paraphrasing the manual...

'set the controller at 6 and in a safe/low traffic area go 20-25mph....

activate brakes with the manual-hand lever only...

if the wheels lock up, reduce gain and repeat, until set just under 'lock up'

this is done without using the brake pedal....

then try braking with the pedal...

while i think it's a great idea to go to the ford and a/s dealer (if they know anything about disc brakes),

this sure might save you a trip or two...

one last thought...

is it possible a/s reprogramed your actibrake controller board with the wrong program?
isn't there 2 versions depending the ford year?

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #25
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
I called the Jacksonville Dealer "Dick Gore" this morning. They are no longer a dealer. My next best bet is Sanders in Alachua, Fl off I-75 about 2 hours from here.
There is always the not-so-authorized Airstream service center in extreme south Florida, also off I-75. Napa is two blocks away, and they are used to my weekend expeditions... And if you don't like that, we do have an Airstream dealer here, too.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #26

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Terry,
Just how tall does this something have to be to ge tire off the ground. I went out this morning and my right rear looked real low. I retrieved the pressure gauge out of the truck and it was under 20 lbs! She is flat!
So do I need 6 inches or more to get the rear tire up off the ground.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #27
Craftsman

I have a 2006 ford f350 and had trouble with my 2007 Airstream brakes bringing it home from the dealer. I was actually smokeingthe brakes bringing it to a stop at the toll plaza . I backed off on the controller but it still felt like it was pulling the truck to a stop. I called Acubrake and they told me that the Ford controller was incompatable with the brake actuator.They said that they had recently corrected the software and sent me a new( but different Actuator) that would correct the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA160024.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	30064  
Old 12-24-2006, 06:06 PM   #28

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Craftsman,
I was not having problems with my setup until after I retireved it from the factory. They said they only bleed the brakes after replacing the the box that contained the actibrake.
My 06 F-250 is a mid to later in the year truck. I will call them Tuesday since AS is closed all week. I have an appt with Ford on Wednesday.
Which one the old one and which one is the new?

Old 12-24-2006, 07:29 PM   #29
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Terry,
Just how tall does this something have to be to ge tire off the ground. I went out this morning and my right rear looked real low. I retrieved the pressure gauge out of the truck and it was under 20 lbs! She is flat!
So do I need 6 inches or more to get the rear tire up off the ground.
It only has to be about 4" off the ground to get the flat out. If you own a set of leveling blocks, you can stack them in a ramp to get the good tire high enough to remove the flat.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:34 PM   #30
Craftsman

The larger rectanglar unit in the photo is the replacement. My 2006 Ford is also a late 2006. It's interesting to me that recently Airstream has changed and is now installing the larger unit that Acubrake shipped to me after describing the problem and that fact that the engineer at Acubrake said that the other unit ( the one supplied with my 2007 Classic) did not have the proper software to accurately communicate with the factory Ford brake controller. If your Classic is like mine, the actuator is installed in the metal box between the A-frame. I had to modify the interior partition by cutting it in half with a cut off wheel in a grinder to house the larger actuator.It also reguired a different wiring harness . The harness in the factory installed actuator is hard wired the harness for the replacement heavy duty actuator plugs in to the back of the actuator.No big deal, the entire mods took about three hours. I had to repaint the inside of the box housing the actuator after doing the cutting and install straps to secure it in place and splice in the new wiring harness.As far as I've been told, Airstream is now using this heavy duty actuator as standard in the late year 2007 Classics.