Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Time for another Maxbrake

Well gang those of you who are up to date on your Jammer-ology will know that I bought a 2nd tow vehicle last fall -- a Suburban, which has sufficient seating for up to six traveling companions. It came with one of those timer brake controllers.

Since I'm keeping my pickup truck I decided it's finally time to purchase another Maxbrake and install it in the Suburban. So I did.

I'm sticking to my story that the Maxbrake does for braking what the Hensley did for sway. It's that good and after driving with one for a year I was willing to pay the $$ and go through the extra hassle to put a T next to the master cylinder and put in the sensor and drill a hole in the firewall and whatnot.

The thing with the Maxbrake is that the trailer brakes apply and release exactly the way you apply and release the TV brakes. You finesse the brakes to time your arrival at an intersection when the light turns green and the trailer brakes do the same thing. You slam on the brakes and the magnets get 15A right NOW. Up hills, down hills, forward, backwards, it doesn't matter, the brakes still do what they're supposed to do.

The most noticeable improvement to the driving experience is that the trailer brakes release slowly instead of releasing all at once.

I believe that the faster apply time easily takes 20 feet off the overall stopping distance for an emergency stop.
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote