Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2003, 04:41 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
Prodigy price ? Model?

I have decided to get a Prodigy to replace my Voyager brake controller. Camping World has them for $119.00 (Pres' Club Price) and the harness for the Ford (96-8313) is $11.69.

But RVWholesalers.com has the same unit (or is it?) for $98.99 and the harness is $8.25 . I have to add $8.00 shipping from these people and Camping World is only $1 right now.

My question is will I get the latest version of the Prodigy from RVWholesalers? Anyone know if Prodigy has an earlier version as opposed to the one they are selling now?

I'd rather have the latest; but maybe there is only one Prodigy.

I save about $15 if I get it at RVWholesalers.

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 05:52 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Prodigy hasn't changed for quite a while. I wouldn't be worried about getting an old version. There was a change some time ago regarding the control buttons on the front, but that was well over a year ago as far as I remember.

I ordered before Prodigy was publicly available and have the earliest possible version. It has been great from day one.

I would go for the lowest price.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 06:14 PM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Thumbs up

Try this link www.brakecontroller.com this is where I ordered mine from. Excellent service. They are currently $129.95 including shipping and the cable. Love our Prodigy, use it in 3 different vehicles with 4 different trailers.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 07:42 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Rjays has 'em for $106.99 free shipping...

...the also have the plug and play cables. Nice folks to deal with, not some impersonal superstore with disinterested teenagers running the place.

www.rjays.com

-Don
Old 12-26-2003, 08:18 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
On several recommendations from this site I purchased a Prodigy from RJays about three weeks ago. Service was quite good!

It comes with both the U-shaped bracket and the pocket mount, whichever works best in your tow vehicle. Included is a pigtail with one Prodigy plug end, clearly labeled as to which wire is for +12V, ground, brake lights and electric brakes. Your local Ford dealer could help you with the other plug end but you'd have to check. Buying the $8.99 Prodigy-Ford harness is up to you. Either way we aren't talking big bucks...

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 08:19 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
NAPA

I got mine from my local NAPA store, my cost (as a shop) was a little under $90.00.
Terry
Old 12-26-2003, 10:02 PM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
If NAPA still does not have it at that price....these folks have it for about $109+shipping. I have dealt with them before...really nice and they provided me good service....

https://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/newsto...3675E6FEE893A6

I have this unit and I can't believe that I used something else before. It's that good.

Regards,

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 03:09 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Check out Amazon.com auction. I purchased one last month for a total (including shipping) of about $87. The last time I looked they were still being sold there.
Wayne
wayner1239 is offline   Reply With Quote