Old 04-18-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
Kudos AS Adventures NW - Portland

A big thank you to the service manager and team at AS Advenures NW. I had a brake magnet fail on my 2012 Flying Cloud 25' FB. The dealer repaired it, but the other brake on that side failed on the next trip. Lisa Pfaum, the service manager, worked with Dexter to get a new set of brakes and plates sent out under warranty. They covered the labor for this under the first repair order as well.

Impressive service!

Old 04-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
They are great there. I am really happy I bought from them. Been excellent with all my warranty issues.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
It is always nice to hear stories like that. You just never know where or when you will need an Airstream repair.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
And if you are in the Boise area Airstream Adventures NW is also a very good place to go. The service and parts manager is Zonia Allen and she and her crew know what they are doing. I highly recommend them.

By the way, the dealership has outgrown it's location and is making a physical move to Caldwell, ID from Nampa ID, so call them to know where they will be located.

208 467 9218
Old 04-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
And if you are in the Boise area Airstream Adventures NW is also a very good place to go. The service and parts manager is Zonia Allen and she and her crew know what they are doing. I highly recommend them.

By the way, the dealership has outgrown it's location and is making a physical move to Caldwell, ID from Nampa ID, so call them to know where they will be located.

208 467 9218
we are headed to Boise next week to pu our new 23FB. Have been in contact with Zonia and she has been great to work with, as was Jon during the sales process. This group seem to be on their game.

They are having a big parts sale before the move.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB International
Littleton , Colorado
I'd just like to second the recognition of the good work being done by Zonia at Airstream Adventures NW in Boise. She always has a solution or recommendation for us when we call.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #7
BicycleStreamers

2016 28' Pendleton
Buxton , Oregon
Portland Service Dept. is great!

My kuddo's to AS Adventures NW as well. They have been extremely helpful, courteous and proffesional in taking care of my AS needs. Portland is my location although the Seattle location helped me out once as well. In and out in an hour. That's Service!

"Don't forget, be excellent to each other!" Bill or Ted
BicycleStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:46 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Runnells , IA
I wish I could be as complimentary right now as the rest of you. We drove from Iowa in Feb to pick up our slightly used 2014. Everyone in Portland was very pleasant and congenial. As we were getting our walk-through, they mentioned that the tanks were all full. We pointed out that we driving directly back IA; therefore, the trailer needed to be winterized before we left. So far, we've had to replace the toilet because the handle was frozen shut when my husband tried to open it to add anti-freeze after we got home. Now that it's warm enough to camp in the Midwest, we added water to the fresh water tank. We've discovered the water filter has fallen apart, a leak from the outside shower b/o a broken pipe AND a leak from the hot water heater. We suspect it was not properly winterized. I also suspect that this may not be covered by our warranty. We're not happy campers today.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
I suspect you are right, it was not properly winterized. Call them in Portland and see what they can and will do for you. You might be surprised with good answers and experience. Or not... but lets hope you will get a positive reply.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Runnells , IA
Yes, we have talked w/ them and I think Kate (general manager) probably understands the underlying problem. We have reservations for the AS rally at Jackson Center in May. We're hoping that AS NW can facilitate the repair of our plumbing issues at the MotherShip. I can manage 5 days in Minneapolis w/o hot water--I'm not sure I want to do longer than that in JC.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
Live in Denver drove to Portland for the 2012 25FB. Just got our 2015 30Bunk from Boise. Great sales team! Best Prices!! Highly recommend them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

2015 Chevrolet 2500HD 4WD Duramax/Allison LTZ Crew Cab Short Bed, Huper Optik, Bull Dog Spray In, Roll-N-Lock, Full Amsoil, Denali SoundBomb, Yakima
2012FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Update on the delivery of our 23FB from Airstream Adventures NW-Boise

We drove to Boise and took delivery of our new trailer. As expected, Jon, Zonia, and Doug (service tech) were great. There was one issue with a blemish about 3" on the inside ceiling near the front vent that caused some anxiety. It was like something abrasive was used to clean sealant or caulking. AANW was prepared to replace the entire ceiling panel, but Doug came up with a creative solution; just install another ceiling puck light fixture. Actually, they installed two so it would look balanced. In the end, it gives us additional light in the entry. Perfect solution.

We left the dealership mid-morning and headed down I84. Stopped at the Port of Entry to weight the axles, then Declo for gas. We decided to stop in Brigham City and spend the night, so we rented a room at the Hampton Inn in downtown BC. Nice, new facility, and shares a parking lot with the BC police department, so we thought our new trailer would be secure. The next morning, we pulled out and stopped at a Starbucks towards Ogden. I got out to double check everything and there was a dent in the left rear corner panel above the beltline. As if someone had hit it with a fist. No other marks. Thinking it was done while parked overnight in BC, I called to report the damage to the police. Also sent an email to Zonia at AANW with a picture.

In trying to shorten up the story, Zonia called back, and was obviously very sympathetic, saying they would do anything to help. She felt the panel would have to be replaced and would work on an estimate. Then the incredible offer; AANW would send a truck to Colorado to pick up our trailer, take it to Boise for repairs, and then deliver it AT NO EXPENSE!!! I was blown away that something that was not their fault or responsibility, that their main interest was in taking care of their customer. I believe this speaks to their commitment to customer service and building relationships. Now I know why we drove 700 miles each way to buy from them. I cannot even get the Colorado Airstream dealer to return phone calls.

Quick summery; police parking lot surveillance cameras had a good view of the trailer and no activity was seen. So something happened from the time we left the dealership until we stopped for the night in BC, though we only had two stops in between and was with the trailer the entire time. I guess we will never know what really happened. I was able to pull the dent out with a $4.00 suction cup, and it looks almost new, though slight ripple in the right sunlight. I was reluctant to replace the panel since they have to use Olympic rivets instead of the buck rivets. I would rather have a slight deformity than compromise the factory rivets if it can be avoided.

Great big thanks and appreciation to AANW! I would always buy from them in the future and service our trailers.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2010 16' International
Edwards , Colorado
These folks are great. They picked up my Bambi in Colorado, took it to Boise for a repair, and returned it at no cost. Great customer service.