Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hensley TruControl: comments?

Has anyone had any experience with this device yet? I searched around on the forum here, and other than a similar question from 2Air in 1996 (comments request), I couldn't see any mention of it.

Their claim is typical Hensley: The World’s Most Advanced Trailer Braking Control System. But they do make the best hitch system, right? So I'm looking at it.

Their statement about what's different says:

"There’s no pendulum in the TruControl. It uses a solid-state multi-axis electronic gyroscope inertial sensor to monitor what the tow vehicle is doing, be it acceleration, deceleration, cornering, going uphill or downhill and so on, and uses this data to proportionately control the trailer brakes."

I'd love to hear what users have to say about it, especially compared to other makes...

Here's their reprint of a magazine article that talked about it.

Thanks for your input,
Aage
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
I'd be interested in hearing as well.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Aage;
I'm somewhat familiar with UAV flight controls, the rate sensors, gyros,millisecond sampling software that is now out there is unbelievable.There are also some instruments available for experimental aircraft. It's about time some of this technology trickles down to brake controllors.
I found the advertisement on pg 79 of Airstream Life summer2008 very interesting and I went to Hensley's web site. Yup it's no doubt possible.
I will also state that I'm one of those believers that knows you can tow a trailer around without brakes and live to tell about it. Brakes keep you alive when the unexpected happens.
Their site also did a good job of explaining wiring of electric brakes and sizing wire.
I'ld like to see some side by each live testing done tho.
I'm seriously considering their setup, and no I'm not a haha owner nor do I have any interest in the financial outcome of their outfit

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
I did report about our Hensley Tru Control here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f439...ler-36497.html

My opinion has not changed, it works very well.
Tim A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Thanks, Tim A. Sorry, thought that was the phrase I used in the search engine, but somehow missed your post. It looks like at least you and one other [erson are very pleased, and not too clear fromone or two more if they actually used it.

I'm glad to hear it worked, and will definitely add that to my list of must-haves when I do the investment in my trailer.

Doorgunner, Rednax, let us know if you get one?

cheers,
Aage
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote