Old 09-05-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2001 31' Excella
Bluffton , South Carolina
Question Hensley TruControl Brake Controller?

Has anyone had some experience with the new Hensley controller on the Hyd/Disc Brake system using the ActiBrake system? I have not seen it as an approved controller for the Hyd/Disc system. Any input?

I currently use the Prodgy but have had the NC problem experienced with other users with this set up. The tech feedback from ActiBrake seem to think it is a low Voltage problem from the TV feed. ?????

I had no problem with the same wiring setup while I used the old electric brakes. Now that I've converted to Disc, the controller seem to go the sleep and indicates no connection. When I manually over ride it, it works OK.

The Hensley says it's compatible with Elect/Hyd systems but I'd like some user feedback if possible.

fred bartlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I had the NC code a couple of times with my Prodigy on electric brakes. I found it to be corrosion on the wiring harness that plugs into the back of the Prodigy. I cleaned it up and have not had problems since.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2001 31' Excella
Bluffton , South Carolina
Hensley doesn't appear on the ActiBrake approved list, so I'm looking into the Tekonsha P3. A third the price and on the list. ???

And my NC code is probably my 7 pin connector. It's the only old connection in the system, so I looking for a good cleaner for it.???? The ActiBrake was wired into the DC panel, in the coach, behind the sofa. Those connections are good and the pulg in to the pump is too new.????
fred bartlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Fred, I was interested in that Hensley brake controller as well... although they list "proof" of the improved braking ability, they actually don't list any stopping distances between the Prodigy or the Hensley... they list "increased voltage to the brakes.." which is probably more indicative of them adding heavier gauge wire to the brakes than normal.

I had issues with my 7 way, put WD40 in it, worked like a charm!
Marc
Old 09-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Increased voltage? Wire size does not affect how much voltage a conductor can carry. It does affect current. Of course if the wire is too small the voltage will drop if current draw is too high. I would stick with a prodigy.
What Tow Vehicle do you have?

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote