Old 07-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #71
4 Rivet Member
Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Originally Posted by johnbaker View Post

I you should contact Actibrake with your serial number and see if your Actibrake could have an issue that you should be aware.

Yes, Brakesmart is not on Jacson Center's list but it's not made anymore. I never had any issue with it Brakesmart on my Excursion and still use it!

I hope you find the answer to your issue, post the resoultion.

John Baker
John: I called Actibrake today and described my situation. They didn't think it was an issue with the computer board (2004 issue). One likely cause could have been a poor ground wire with either the TV or AS. Although I wasn't talking to their expert expert, the fellow was very knowledgable. They don't have Brakesmart on their approved controller list for the Actibrake system. They do extensive testing with various brands and the ones that they say work the best are Hayes Genesis, Prodigy and Primus/PE now pretty much in that order. They have done some testing with Hensley's TruControl with out any problems but not extensive testing yet. He did comment that the Voyager doesn't work at all with it.

So, since the Brakesmart seems to be working for me now and it sounds like that is the case for others as well, I think I will not replace anything yet. If I do, I would probably go with the Genesis based on what I know at this point. The Genesis is also the one that the factory installs. As Actibrake said, it's the one that seems to work best with the Actibrake computer.

I think Brakesmart is still available through Dr. Performance. At least it's on their website yet.

2010 43' Newmar Dutch Aire
formerly 2006 34' Classic

Changing the World One Child at a Time

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #72
4 Rivet Member
2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas

It sounds like you found someone that didn't give you the run-around.

Good luck to you, John

J&C is offline   Reply With Quote