Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Direclink max braking setting

I'm just curious, and I know this depends on a lot of factors, like road surface material and condition, load on the axles...etc., but where do you Direclink users set the max braking setting on your controller.

I set mine at 85% and moderately hard stops on dry pavement results in no lockup and feels good. But I've never romped hard to simulate an eminent collision....I just can't bring myself to do it.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
bump......I know there are a few Direclink users out there....

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 08-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
I have the max setting set to "off" on mine, so that makes the max setting 100%. My combo is a Ford Expedition and a 25' Flying Cloud. The reason I left it off is that I tested the manual braking action at 100% and the trailer wheels did not lock up. Since most recommendations are to set the max braking at the point just before the trailer brakes will lock, I decided to leave it at 100%.
Edistobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
I'm just curious, and I know this depends on a lot of factors, like road surface material and condition, load on the axles...etc., but where do you Direclink users set the max braking setting on your controller.

I set mine at 85% and moderately hard stops on dry pavement results in no lockup and feels good. But I've never romped hard to simulate an eminent collision....I just can't bring myself to do it.
Rich,
What is your impression so far, I'm seriously considering one. I'm guessing that install and setup must be close to plug and play. If you don't want to clobber up your thread, feel free to PM your response.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #5
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Is my Chevy a DL carrier? I have the factoreeee brake system.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:01 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Rich,
What is your impression so far, I'm seriously considering one. I'm guessing that install and setup must be close to plug and play. If you don't want to clobber up your thread, feel free to PM your response.

Ken
Ken, it is the best controller I have ever used. I like it a lot.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:04 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
Is my Chevy a DL carrier? I have the factoreeee brake system.
No, this is a add on. The GM controller didn't work with EH brakes until 14 for 1500s and 15 for HDs.