most are from 2011 to 2013. For those of you who tow with the DirecLink,
are you still happy with your decision?

Wayne

Old 05-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Absolutely! The more I use it, the more I like it. There is other info that can be displayed as well. I have another vehicle with a Prodigy II that isn't half as good.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #3
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Consider the NE version for your eventual trailer disc brake conversion
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
YES!, however since the new Gen GM truck's integrated brake controller now work with electric over hydraulic AS brakes, I am using the GM controller this year.

Tuson is a quality company too, I sent mine back for the screen getting dim, out of warranty, and they fixed it for free. They were going to charge me twenty something, IIRC, to reprogram as an NE for future ABS install....but they did that for free as well!!!

The base model works with discs....just not ABS nor sway control.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
Yes, we are happy with ours. We'll be starting the second season with it soon and are still very happy with having made the change to DirecLink.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:16 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
When I changed the axle I when with disc brakes and a DirecLink electric/hydraulic actuator and DirecLink brake controller by Tuson. I also have a Tekonsha P-3 I liked just fine. However the DirecLink function is far superior especially when paired together in my experiance.
I have had mine for a little over 2 years now and love towing with it. Disc brakes are unbelievable!!
Now there are 2 things I have to add about the DirecLink Controller I do not like.
1)The screen is like a hand held CB radio mic. and attaches to the dash with a cheesy peel and stick mounting tab. Mine has failed 3 times. They send me new tabs for free (good customer service) but it sure frustrating when it falls of the dash.
2) The small color screen has clouded up and is now very difficult to see in the daylight. I have not addressed this issue with cust support yet.

-Dennis
Old 07-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #7
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
We are on year 5 with our Direct Link. Recently I noticed the screen going blank. I purchased the unit direct from the Airstream factory store. I called DL yesterday and they are sending me a new hand held display at no cost along with a UPS return label so I can return the old unit. So, DL has been good to me.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
When I spoke with them about the screen, they were open with me about the issue. I commented that white on blue was difficult to see in direct sunlight and they were trying to source a new supplier with, maybe, black on white coloration. They believe, as I do, that interior vehicle heat is contributing to screen fade. I recommend that when parking for longer periods in high heat, that you unplug the head and put it in a cooler location. Tuson thought that was a good idea until they find a remedy.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:27 PM   #9
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Well I guess that's real service. Only yesterday I spoke with Tuson regarding my display and here today a new one is delivered. Can't ask for or expect anything better than that. Thank you Tuson, you have a happy customer here.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
I had the same sort of experience with them on our current trip. After I was on the road I realized I couldn't read the screen. One phone call and the replacement display with the return label was waiting for us at our first campground stop. Their customer service is tops.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
The DirecLink NE we installed solved all our disc brake pump issues (Titan BrakeRite II SD) we had with the 2012 Dodge Ram 2500HD built in brake controller. The Titan was incompatible with any built in brake controller.

We have replaced the hand held display twice so far. I think the display does not like the high heat that builds up in the truck cab in the SouthWest. A cooler night and the display is faintly seen.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone ahead and installed the Tuson ABS pump and ABS compatible disc brakes rotors and calipers.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote