Old 03-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #15
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Here's my story of woe. Skip down to post 13 for the answer.

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #16

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Are you sure......

Originally Posted by Siegmann View Post
Dan and Liz, it is actually a brand new Bargman Breakaway Switch, whose continuity I've tested. It's working and is not the issue.

OK folks, for those in or near their rigs, and resting up this Sunday, please (un-plug) and go out and pull your pin and tell me if you hear your brake magnets "click", or "clank and hummmm". We'll all get data on this question, and you'll have done an important safety test of your breakaway switch. Thanks--- Jim
Just what I would do.....

Get a wheel off the ground, spin and have someone pull the switch just to make sure.

Our Classic really don't 'hum' much but the brakes work fine.

ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1998 30' Excella 1000
Livingston , Texas
Jim & Susan, many thanks. I had spent 1/2 a day trying to solve that problem (that did not exist) and I've been worrying about it since yesterday afternoon. And special thanks to idroba and his explanation in that older thread. This forum is great!
Siegmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
1976 27' Overlander
Delta , British Columbia
Thank you so much as well. I too expected the hmmmm which was absent with the new switch installed. The one wheel up test proved to me that the switch and brakes were all working. This puts my mind at ease.

FYI don't pull the switch pin with the truck connected, my GMC brake module was unhappy for about 15 mins before it reset itself.

Seabloom is offline   Reply With Quote