Old 01-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Fayetteville , Georgia
Thumbs up Would like to Recommend Trailers for Less Services

Hello all, especially those folks who live in metro area Georgia.

Our nearest authorized dealer is Camping World located in Oakwood, Georgia I purchased my 2010 Airstream Flying Cloud at that dealership, but I would not take my unit back to that service center unless it was an emergency. IMHO, they are a lousy service center in comparison to the location where i purchased by first RV, a 2009 Jayco Jayflight G2, which was Campers Inn, Byron, Georgia.

Now on to what I wanted to tell you: For those of you that are no longer under warranty and are interested in knowing where you can take your unit to check on ball bearings, axles, tires, hitches, and other items relating to running gear, I highly recommended the following company:

Trailers for Less
949 Hwy 85 South
Fayetteville, GA 3024

I have been dealing with this company for almost 8 years and they have been a joy to work with. I am a retired Federal Bureau of Investigation Agent (1987-2009) and one of my ancillary duties were processing crime scenes for all parts of Georgia and, occasionally National (9/11) and international matters. I also was responsible for team safety so it was nothing to bring the Federal trailers to Trailer for Less to work on issues concerning tires, axles, ball bearings, etc. to keep my unit running great.

Since retiring, Trailers for Less, still do my tires and my friend's tires, brakes, axles, ball bearing, axles, and anything else that goes wrong and they do a great job without ripping you on prices. They are my best buds and there work makes me cringe when I think of Camping World.

So, if you want to work with some great professionals, please try TRAILERS for LESS. I BET YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif
I just travelled to Alaska and back. My camper is currently at Jackson Center, but when I get back I will be taking it straight to TRAILERS FOR LESS for my ball bearings to be checked. I ran into a lot of mud in Canada when we traveled from Tok, Alaska to Chicken, AK and then to Dawson City, Yukon, Territory. My tow vehicle had to get a new set of brakes and drums because of the trip...so the A/S needs to be check.http://www.airforums.com/forums/imag...lies/brows.gif

I am not invested in TRAILERS FOR LESS, they are just one of the best places around for work and good people who care about their customers and their customers' rigs. I guarantee you will love them. I'm tooting their horn.* http://www.airforums.com/forums/imag...es/flowers.gif

WBCCI #1122
Top of Georgia Unit #52
“I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it; I want to have lived the width of it as well.”
---Diane Ackerman (Author, poet, essayist, naturalist)
benjisgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Thanks, I will check with them when I need work done to ours.

2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
Thanks for the info. We are recent Airstreamers and are looking for those services in the Atlanta area. We went to Camping World for some service last Friday. The service was fine for what we had done, but it is clear they don't do much Airstream work.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Yeas ago, a dealer's service was "certified" when they sent someone to Airstream's service school.

Then later on, it was very wise for a dealer to send someone from their shop to the Airstream factory, to spend a few days in their shop, learning the in's and out's.

Wonder how many Camping World shop mechanics, ever seen the factory, let alone spend a few days there?

Might be a good question to ask before allowing them to service one's trailer or motorhome.

Andy
Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Yeas ago, a dealer's service was "certified" when they sent someone to Airstream's service school.

Then later on, it was very wise for a dealer to send someone from their shop to the Airstream factory, to spend a few days in their shop, learning the in's and out's.

Wonder how many Camping World shop mechanics, ever seen the factory, let alone spend a few days there?

Might be a good question to ask before allowing them to service one's trailer or motorhome.

Andy
Sorry, that "yeas" is a typo.

It should be "years".

Or maybe a mod could correct it.

Andy
Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Any competent RV or trailer repair shop should be able to pack bearings and take care of minor issues, as long as anything "Airstream-specific" is not involved.

And most Camping Worlds are technically supposed to be Airstream service centers since Thor bailed them our of trouble a few years ago. Most of them seem to have forgotten this...
Old 01-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Any competent RV or trailer repair shop should be able to pack bearings and take care of minor issues, as long as anything "Airstream-specific" is not involved.

And most Camping Worlds are technically supposed to be Airstream service centers since Thor bailed them our of trouble a few years ago. Most of them seem to have forgotten this...
That might hold for SOBs - but with the unique construction of the Airstream, and with specific reference to brakes and bearings, I would be damn careful that the repair shop knew how to lift it. It's real easy to screw up the wheel alignment and/or the chassis and skin by improper placement of jacks and supports. For me personally, the running gear on my Airstream is important enough that I either work on it myself or take it 900 miles to Jackson Center. I've yet to locate a dealer that I'm comfortable with in my neck of the woods.

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch