Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #15
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Discount Tires will remove your old tires and mount your new ones on your trailer, balanced and all. They'll also rotate periodically and repair for free. I checked out Maxxis, Marathon and a third brand I can't recall at this moment - they stocked 'em all. I've used Discount Tire for my other vehicles for many years and have never had a problem with 'em. Had a tire blow on me a few years ago. Took what was left of the carcass and they replaced the tire for free, no questions asked.

Bill & Kim
34 Classic Limited w/slideout (Anabelle)
Chevy Silverado * 2500HD Duramax * LTZ
WBCCI 7005 * AIR 9218

The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
I now get my tires from the local guy, Not any more expensive and is close for repairs and rotations. Plus I'm supporting the local guy and not a chain (who knows where that money is going) And if something happens on the road, I'm usually in the middle of nowhere and the chain stores aren't there either.

Plus the local guy will put tires on anything I bring him. even my tractor...

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
I have purchased trailer tires from Discount Tires and they installed them at their store. Couldn't get inside the bay but they put the tires on just outside the door. No hassel.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Originally Posted by SilverRanger View Post
"I wonder if AAA will or will not change a tire on trailer on road service calls?"

I had AAA for years, then upgraded to their RV coverage. I believe it covered tire changes on both the trailer and TV. But they couldn't give me a definitive answer on whether or not they would tow both the TV and the trailer should the TV break down (I was given different answers by everyone I contacted within AAA), I changed to Good Sam Emergency Road Service. So far I've used it twice and haven't been disappointed. Once for when my truck broke down (I wasn't towing at the time), and for a flat tire on my trailer at 2:30 AM.

Yes, AAA will tow both if you have the RV Plus coverage and yes they will change the tire out on either or both vehicles when towing.
If you have the coverage with the RV plus, it covers 4 tows/year, if both the TV and trailer needs towed they count it as 2 tows.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Stone Mountain , Georgia
I have the AAA Plus RV coverage and it gives me 100 miles free towing with up to two tow vehicles if necessary; one for my Suburban and one for my Excella 29.

Some years ago I had a transmission failure and was towed and the tow truck hooked up to my truck and towed my truck still hooked up to the trailer, and took us to a campground where we unhooked the tailer, then he took the truck to a repair shop. I've been happy with AAA Plus RV.

dcasr is offline   Reply With Quote