Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Long Island , New York
Transeagle tires

Looking to replace my marathons before next spring, never had a problem, just getting old and trying to prevent future problems. I came across these tires in 225 75 15 with a G rating. I upgraded to 4200 lb axles when I changed them out, and my question is why wouldnt I use tire with max load carrying capacity? Of course wouldnt need to run them at max inflation, but super tough tire. They also look remarkably similar to the goodyear G614, that I ran on my 5er years ago, that were practically indestructible imho. Thoughts?
Dano73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Long Island , New York
And Ive also read that too much tire can be no good too! Huh? Don’t really get that. I also pull my as with a 3500 dually, only because Ive owned it since new, and have done all my own work on it, and at 200k, would drive it anywhere. I guess it’s like too much truck lol. My too much truck, never a wiggle or sway on the highway, and never use any w/d or sway control, makes no difference.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:54 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Dunedin , Florida
How long have you used traneagle tires
I'm thinking of buying st 225 75 15
12 ply?
speedyz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Taylors , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano73 View Post
Looking to replace my marathons before next spring, never had a problem, just getting old and trying to prevent future problems. I came across these tires in 225 75 15 with a G rating. I upgraded to 4200 lb axles when I changed them out, and my question is why wouldnt I use tire with max load carrying capacity? Of course wouldnt need to run them at max inflation, but super tough tire. They also look remarkably similar to the goodyear G614, that I ran on my 5er years ago, that were practically indestructible imho. Thoughts?
That's because, like the G614, they are steel cased. The 15" tires are LRF.

https://www.prioritytire.com/transea...gn=lowerfunnel
BlackAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano73 View Post
...104$....Lol....Chinese....nope..not me...good year endurance..made in the US....you get what you pay for..there are no bargains out there
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #6
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
GYE's E rated 2 Seasons ago, 7k cross Country last Fall; could not be happier. "bout' 10k total.

BTW, I just found out today that I could have saved 32 bucks had bought them from our local GY Store rather than Tire Rack, 👎

10/4 on the🇨🇳crap.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 02-18-2020, 03:53 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdonahoe View Post
...104$....Lol....Chinese....nope..not me...good year endurance..made in the US....you get what you pay for..there are no bargains out there
How quickly we forget!! Isn’t that the same company that made the original china bomb tires that created so many problems, for so many people, for so many years?? Luckily I wasn’t one of them. Just trying to think outside the box, finding a good product, have a hard time spending my money with goodyear after that. When I bought my 2nd set at a gy store and asked about the problems, 3 years ago, I was told, that was only a certain batch, and since gy is a global company, it was cost effective for them to make the trailer tires in china and ship them worldwide, the quality is the same or gy wouldn’t do it !! Lol, we learned. And at 118.99, atire, it’s hardly a question of cost.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:05 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I have not forgotten the Marathons. But... I think Goodyear probably makes the best trailer tire now. Things change.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
As others have indicated, they are made by Windforce Tyre company in China and imported by Transamerica Tire Ltd. The specifications are very good with a max load capacity nearly 700 lbs greater than the Goodyear Endurance 117 Load Index E Range tire.

They are 14 ply tires vs. the Endurance 10 plys, impressive.... but,

Like others, I'm reluctant to trust the tire quality. I have no direct knowledge about that, so I'll defer to the others.

To the direct question asked, tires with higher load range have stiffer sidewalls even when inflated for the actual load so they tend to grip the road without folding over in high g cornering better. For the Tow Vehicle, this is almost always a good characteristic. For the trailer, in very severe panic maneuvers, a little slip can be desirable, it will reduce yaw angle and help recovery during the early stages of oversteer and initiation of a jackknife, so there is a trade-off involved.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:07 PM   #10
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
FWIW...10ply is only an equivalent guess, they don't have 10 they are rated at 10plys....Times change.

Go with USA...

Bob
🇺🇸