Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
As I recall - without having a Goodyear chart in front of me - one of the footnotes states that Goodyear does not recommend inflating to less than 45 psi regardless of the load. This was specifically for the Marathon ST tires. Theoretically, at 50 psi (Airstream Spec for my trailer) either the "C" or "D" tires carry 2,150 lbs x 4 = 8,600 lbs. With 900 lbs on my hitch, and very little load transmitted to the trailer tires with the equalizer bars, my trailer net axle weight is right at 7,400 lbs (---checked by scale but weight slip not handy right now.) That leaves a reserve of 1,200 lbs for a possible differential in load from side to side - or due to road conditions. I'm running "D" tires since my last change (5-years back) but still inflating to 50 psi. I'll put new Marathons on ("D") if I head south this winter - otherwise, I'll wait until next spring.

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off