Old 07-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Looked on tire rack this morning. The system I found was not marked as to brand and was listed at $279 for a four sensor system. The tire rack site is a bit of a challenge to navigate, so the problem may be my search abilities.

The tracker looks more reasonable. However? On our first WBCCI ralley I talked to a fellow that was non-linear about his TPMS. The problem seemed to be that his batteries were constantly needing replacement. Actually, this was a contributing factor to my reluctance in purchasing a system. As I understand, the solution is to remove the batteries when not traveling. Is that correct?

Edit, on reading the thread again. The Dills are internal and that is the style I saw listed on TR.

Edit, Tire tracker site says battery life is one to two years. That's reasonable in my mind. Maybe not so bad?

Travel safe. Pat

PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:06 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I could not navigate the site, either.
I called them and ordered over the telephone.
You may find a different brand or source easier to order.

2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
Toronto , Ontario
I purchased the Truck Systems 507. I spoke to their customer service directly (Beverly and Debbie) and they were kind enough to make up a custom set for me with three tire monitors - one for each of my tires on the road and another for the spare tire. With a single axle trailer it is important to me that I know that the spare tire is fully inflated in case it is needed and trying to check it in the storage location would be difficult. (Folks with tandem axles have the advantage of being able to continue on just three wheels to get off the highway.)
Ray and Vida
Toronto ON Canada
- - - - - - - - - - - -
2017 Sport 22FB; WBCCI #6497
Adventure.AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
2014 27' FB Classic
Vicksburg , Mississippi
I just made a bunch of upgrades recommended by various forum members and returned from a 3400 mile round trip. My upgrades included the 16" Sendel wheels and 16" steel spare, 5 new Michelin XPS Rib tires, Centramatics and TST 507 TPMS. Everything worked perfectly and as advertised. I did not need a repeater on my 27FB and *very* long Ram 3500 quad cab and 8' bed. As M. Hony said, other than disc brakes on the AS, I've made everything as safe as I can...

"Hot meals, cold beer, dry bed & flush toilet - everything I look for in a wilderness experience..."
Adiredneck is offline   Reply With Quote