Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Tires
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1965 28' Ambassador
Malta , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
I have no personal experience with GYM`s. There are several threads regarding tread seperation and tire failure for them. However they sell lots of these tires and that is what the airstream dealers sell. I did some research here and Yoko`s were $129,GYM`s $135 and Michelins were $170. Lots of guys are going with Michelins.
Tires: ST225/75R15 LRD Goodyear Marathon Radial Special Trailer Tire
Nuts: Stainless Steel Capped Lug Nut -- 1/2 inch, 3/4 Hex
Center Cap: Stainless Steel Center Cap -- 4.25 Open End w/ Plastic Plug
Valve Stem: Valve stem TR600HP high pressure chrome for 0.453 valve hole, snap in style with 100 psi cold inflation pressure 2.48" overall length
Balance: Spin Balance Aluminum Wheel and Tire Assemblies
I have`nt decided what tire to go with my yoko`s are fine but old so they should be replaced before I go on a long trip,which won`t be until next fall at the earliest. I`m a long way away from using the trailer. I`m still trying to get the shell closed up for winter and I have no interior yet. Just an empty shell on a brand new chassis.
Chris just verifying this is everything I need and these will fit my 65 airstream. I plan to order 2 new axles too from Andy.
Airstreamdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1965 28' Ambassador
Malta , New York
New tires rims axles

Here's what it looks like now that it has new rims tires and axles replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0033.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	409.8 KB
ID:	139538  
Airstreamdmb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires, wheels