Old 07-10-2015, 02:59 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
Michael, I thought you had a repeater already. Would you have needed a new one?

Not sure what/why you are asking, but I would think under normal circumstances one repeater would be sufficient for normal use. At least that is what seems to work for me.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:15 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
In your previous post you said you were bummed for having to buy a repeater

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airstream.nerds.7
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStreamNerds View Post
In your previous post you said you were bummed for having to buy a repeater
True, I did have to buy the repeater. It is an optional item that they sell if needed. They were willing to take the original senders back and charge an up charge for the new flow throw units. I was not willing at that time to put any more money into the system. Still not. It is all good, system is working fine now.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I guess I feel a little better when I read the Tire Minder hasn't worked for very long for others, but feeling better has not made it work. With time, the system seems to get weaker and weaker.

Neither TPMS system lasted all that long and I'm $700 in the hole, about $100 per year. I'm not sure the risk is worth the investment.

TST has a 4.2 out of 5 rating on Amazon. $310 for flow through sensors (you can aid or subtract air through the sensor) and about $40 less for standard. Looks like you can replace the batteries yourself. It comes with 6 sensors and there should be a four sensor model which may save about $100. Then I'd be out one large (I've been watching Breaking Bad and wanted to sound cool) unless Mike offers a double deep senior discount for Airstreamers. Can't imagine why it would need a booster or that wouldn't be included if the system doesn't work for a normal installation. It was another $80.

Gene
Old 07-12-2015, 05:08 AM   #33

2006 37' A-Series
Cumming , Georgia
Tst tpms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
I guess I feel a little better when I read the Tire Minder hasn't worked for very long for others, but feeling better has not made it work. With time, the system seems to get weaker and weaker.

Neither TPMS system lasted all that long and I'm $700 in the hole, about $100 per year. I'm not sure the risk is worth the investment.

TST has a 4.2 out of 5 rating on Amazon. $310 for flow through sensors (you can aid or subtract air through the sensor) and about $40 less for standard. Looks like you can replace the batteries yourself. It comes with 6 sensors and there should be a four sensor model which may save about $100. Then I'd be out one large (I've been watching Breaking Bad and wanted to sound cool) unless Mike offers a double deep senior discount for Airstreamers. Can't imagine why it would need a booster or that wouldn't be included if the system doesn't work for a normal installation. It was another $80.

Gene
Hi Gene, Call me later today if possible @ 770-889-9102
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
Old 07-12-2015, 04:31 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Mike,

Just got back inside from painting the house exterior. Maybe I'll make calls tomorrow, want to sleep now.

Gene
Old 07-14-2015, 05:31 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Homosassa , Florida
Mike Benson, I ordered a system last week that was supposed to be in last Friday and hasn't arrived as of today (following Tuesday). I called the number listed and got someone who asked what system I ordered etc and then told me to call back the next day since he was tech support. I sent a follow up e mail over the weekend and received no response. Who, what number and where do I need to call to find out when my order will be shipped?
Old 07-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cumming , Georgia
Hello Sir,
Please call 770-889-9102 this morning after 9 am and speak with Debbie(after 5 daily that same number is a tech support line). She will let you know when you will be receiving your system. I do know there was a slight delay from UPS on a shipment coming in.
Thanks,
Mike Benson
Old 07-15-2015, 08:08 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2012 30' Classic
Homosassa , Florida
Will do. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:31 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I spoke with Mike, made a deal and am waiting for the flow through version. I ordered flow through because it was the version that came with the suction cup that attaches to the windshield. In our Tundra, that's the only place to mount a monitor without putting screw holes in the dashboard. This comes with a 3 year warranty, about the same number of years the Tire Minder and Doran lasted. Mike was very helpful and walked me through the many options available even though I was kind of dumb and slow that day. The versions of TST I saw on Amazon only came with 6 sensors, but I asked for 4 since that's all I need and I think that saves quite a bit.

I suppose I could have contacted Tire Minder, but I have more to do than spend more time on the phone (for ex., 28 minutes this morning with my Part D provider [Cigna] so I could get scripts before they run out on a one month trip) with yet another company.

They sent it priority mail, but it has been more than a few days, so it looks like USPS is both slow—3 days and counting.

Gene
Old 02-05-2016, 02:21 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Update

One of the benefits of having a TPMS is the ease of checking and monitoring tire pressures. For example, a few days before a trip, I place the sensors on the tires, adjust the pressures to the recommended cold tire pressure, put the tire covers back on, and then, just touch the monitor button periodically each day before the trip to check the pressures and make sure the tires are ready to roll on departure day.

I've been appreciating this benefit, along with the peace of mind that comes with knowing our truck and trailer tires are continuously being monitored while traveling, ever since our first TPMS, Doran in 2008, through our current PressurePro TPMS (since 2011).

Recently, two of our 5-year old sensors were showing signs that they might need to be replaced, so I ordered a new set from PressurePro. When they arrived, I noticed that each new sensor had a unique identifying number printed on its side, which helps to insure that the sensor is reinstalled in the location it was programmed for.

I also learned that the new sensors have a new Sensor Seal utilizing a 2-piece valve system that provides a hard stop during installation, which prevents over tightening and seal damage.

The new sensors, along with PressurePro monitors made after mid-2011, can alert the driver if tire pressures reach 194F (High temperature alert).

See the details, along with photos, in my article, "Tire Pressure Monitoring System II." (History Safari Express)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005 PressurePro monitor.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	256864   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0012 PressurePro sensor.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	256865  

Old 02-06-2016, 05:59 AM   #40
RFP
4 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Does the TST system provide "instant" notification of sudden pressure loss (blowout)?

Thanks, Rob
Old 02-06-2016, 06:09 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFP View Post
Does the TST system provide "instant" notification of sudden pressure loss (blowout)?

Thanks, Rob

I thankfully haven't experienced that yet. But when I was swapping 2 trailer tires out after scrubbing them on some construction (argh!) the TST system was still on in my truck. As soon as they broke the seal on the tire the alarm went off. I assume that's a similar circumstance.