Old 07-06-2015, 11:10 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cumming , Georgia
Hello Bob,
My name is Mike Benson with TST TPMS. Many airstreamers use our TPMS Equipment, and Airstream Life Summer 2015 edition had a nice ad on page 24 recommending TST. Please call me to discuss in more detail if you would like at 770-889-9102 I am available 7 days a week until midnight.
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST

Old 07-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cumming , Georgia
Gene,
Yes Pressure Pro used to make Doran sensors and then they had a falling out and Doran went on their own. Either companies sensors do NOT have a user replaceable battery, or a Flow Through Option. TST has both with a 3 year warranty, and free shipping. Customer Service is open until midnight 7 days a week 770-889-9102
Thanks,
Mike Benson

Old 07-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cumming , Georgia
Hi Bob,
If you have any questions about TST TPMS feel free to call me I am available until midnight 7 days a week at 770-889-9102
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
Old 07-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
I put Pressure Pro's on an 34-ft LY diesel pusher after experiencing a blowout. We always seem to close the barn door after the horses escape!

After I sold the motor-home and acquired the 32-ft Excella, I installed TireMinders as they were less bulky and would also transmit temperature data. The first year they worked fine, but once I started changing batteries, they became unreliable. The TireMinder folks checked them all for me at a Good Sam rally, but within a month they only worked sporadically - up to the point when I had a blowout on the AS and they didn't even sound the alarm.

So when I upgraded my running gear I went with the Dill TPMS system. They are working fine, provided I use the external antenna on the roof of my TV. My choice of the Dill was based on two things: feedback on the forum and that it is like the OEM systems on new vehicles - i.e., installed inside the wheel rim as part of the tire valve.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkmagikca View Post
. . . . .

So when I upgraded my running gear I went with the Dill TPMS system. They are working fine, provided I use the external antenna on the roof of my TV. My choice of the Dill was based on two things: feedback on the forum and that it is like the OEM systems on new vehicles - i.e., installed inside the wheel rim as part of the tire valve.
From another post I believe you personally also measure temperature from time to time with an infrared gun. Since you now have an internal temperature sensor how does the Dill measurement correlate with what you see with the infrared gun? This information would be quite interesting. Thanks

Air #64439
Southeastern Camping Unit WBCCI #5033
TAC AL-8
2017 Canopenian
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:20 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkmagikca View Post
I also use the Dill system, for the same reasons. I keep the antenna inside the vehicle, under the rear seat.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
I'm sold - I am a big fan of good customer service so I just called Mike at TST and ordered a set. Hopefully I get the same luck the rest of you have had with the product. I also got the repeater just in case.

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airstream.nerds.7
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Prescott , Arizona
I recently installed TST 507 Flow Through sensors and like the performance. No repeater was required so far. I like the "flow through" design so that you don't need to remove the sensors to add air or verify pressure readings with a hand held gauge. The replaceable batteries was another convincing factor for me.

Later this month I'll appreciate them even more as I climb and descend the Colorado mountains.

Thanks to all Air Forums contributors for sharing their experience and advice!
The various threads are very beneficial when making an "informed" decision.

Cheers
Old 07-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
From another post I believe you personally also measure temperature from time to time with an infrared gun. Since you now have an internal temperature sensor how does the Dill measurement correlate with what you see with the infrared gun? This information would be quite interesting. Thanks
It took a while until I was able to set up the Dill receiver. I have used the infrared gun before I got the Dill working. So far, the temps correlate. I find that with the LTX tires temperature is just a few above ambient. When I was running ST tires, the TireMinders (when they did work) would often sound the alarm that the tires were 25 degrees above ambient. The Pressure Pros I had on the motor-home did not register temperature, just pressure.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Blkmagikca, thanks for the feedback.

Air #64439
TAC AL-8
2017 Canopenian
Old 07-10-2015, 08:49 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cumming , Georgia
TST also has Internal Sensors for those who prefer the sensors in the wheels. Call me with any questions
Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST
Old 07-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Not sure who I spoke to at TST but after speaking to them I decided to not swap out for the flow thru sensors. Probably because I was a bit bummed at having to pay for the repeater. There would of been an up charge for the flow thru.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Not sure who I spoke to at TST but after speaking to them I decided to not swap out for the flow thru sensors. Probably because I was a bit bummed at having to pay for the repeater. There would of been an up charge for the flow thru.
Michael, I thought you had a repeater already. Would you have needed a new one?

Air #64439
TAC AL-8
2017 Canopenian
Old 07-10-2015, 01:27 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
One of the "benefits" of the AS is that it makes a great Faraday shield - so that RF energy doesn't make it through. Thus the need for the repeater. When I had the TireMinders, I had to install the repeater in the wardrobe to get the signal to nthe cab of the TV.

With the Dills, the package includes an exterior antenna with about 10 feet of co-ax. So when I determined that there wasn't quite enough signal strength, I just detached the tiny whip antenna behind the receiver and ran the co-ax out the window to the roof magnetic-mounted antenna - presto!! mucho signal!!