Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #121
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
Sensors were $43 with a new metal valve stem, $38 w/o the stem if I remember correctly.
I paid $408 delivered, 6 wheel sensors, 6 metal valve stems, batteries for the sensors, dash mount for the display and a amplifier. I can return the amplifier if I don't need it. It took longer to read the instruction pages than install the stuff. As soon as I finished, the thing lit up like a christmas tree since all 6 tires were between 45 and 48 psi and my setpoint was 60.

They recommend the metal stems to assist in transfering heat to the sensor so it can better monitor the temps.

1st outing is Saturday...all the tires are 6+ years old, I will be watching the system closely for all 5 miles to the campground

I just ordered one of the HawksHead systems today as well,

4 sensors with user-serviceable batts., monitor good for up to 22 tires and 120psi, AA Batt powered weatherproof signal booster, total, $350 Can. to my door, taxes incl.

Seemed a fair price. I believe I can use the monitor and two sensors on my Goldwing when not in use on the Airstream which is a plus for me.

Brian

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #122
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post

4 sensors with user-serviceable batts., monitor good for up to 22 tires and 120psi, AA Batt powered weatherproof signal booster, total, $350 Can. to my door, taxes incl.

Seemed a fair price. I believe I can use the monitor and two sensors on my Goldwing when not in use on the Airstream which is a plus for me.

Brian
That would be $329 US.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #123
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post

Brian
Well,

Since I have always not liked to feel left out, I decided to order the HawksHead system also. I decided to get sensors for the truck as well, but since I don't have a trip planned for a couple months, I decided to see if I need the amplifier before I order it. Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the good info.
Regards,
Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #124
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Peoria , Arizona
[ Try Truck systoems tec www.tsttruck.com Excellent prices

Since I have always not liked to feel left out, I decided to order the HawksHead system also. I decided to get sensors for the truck as well, but since I don't have a trip planned for a couple months, I decided to see if I need the amplifier before I order it. Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the good info.
Regards,
Ken[/QUOTE]
Gil Reinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #125
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Peoria , Arizona
Try truck Systems Tec www.tsttruck.com I purchase my there work great and they have excellent prices
Gil Reinke is offline   Reply With Quote