Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dhe9
tire pressure

hello,have a 19' airstream and leaving tomorrow for the west coast. my tire pressure is 59 lbs cold. max alloweable cold is 65 lbs. i can not put any air into the tires until after i am on the interstate and am currently about 250 below GCWR.i think my tires will be okay, now would like your opinions regarding the tires.thanks,david out of socalsitting in flint, michigan
RETIRED USMC
dhe9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
My recommendation would be to put the cold tire pressures recommended by the manual this info is also on side plate on the front street side. 65 lbs cold. I have a small portable air compressor purchased from Home Depot it was 39.99 and works great I think I posted a picture a couple of months ago if you search my posts or search air compressors. It is a very good tool to keep with you on the road. It is portable rechargeable and needs no wires. Now it takes a little bit of time to air up but it will do for now until I put an on-board air compressor and tank in the back of the truck to accommodate my future AIR HORN for the truck.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote