Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ponce Inlet , Florida
Tire Minder or TST TPMS for 30' FC

Anyone have experience with the range of the either of two systems without the add on antenna?

I have narrowed down my choice for a TPMS to either Tire Minder or TST 507. I'm trying to figure out if either will be functional with out the range extender antenna on a 30' FC. Leaning toward the TST system. But not having to install the additional antenna is the deciding factor for me. Both get similar reviews and are about the same cost.

Thanks,
Benn
Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:16 AM   #2
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
I had the TST Internals on my 25FC and they ran fine without the booster. I decided to go with externals for my on order Classic. Very happy with TST, small size of the RX, easy to read and the battery (rechargeable) lasts for weeks at a time.

If you go with TST consider the more robust SCE external senders if you are going external. They are a scaled down truck version and though they are not flow thru sensors seem to be more solidly built. Easy to remove for adding air as required. Either way the valve stems should be changed out to metal according to TST.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:28 PM   #3
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
TST here.. on our little trailer (34'), it is 'unreliable'. Also, when large vehicles (trucks) or a lot of cars surround as they will on Interstate travels, they are NOT reliable.

Until I added the 'booster'. Now, works about 95% of the time.. and only lose connection when big trucks surround us.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ponce Inlet , Florida
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm right in the maybe, maybe not zone for the antenna. Rodger on the metal valve stems. I plan to order the TST 507 SCE external sender system today. I will pass on the extender antenna and order it later if I need it.
Beach Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1994 25' Excella
On the Lake , Georgia
I have the TST External on my 1999 34 footer and it has always worked 100%. Do get the metal stems.
Noggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Apollo Beach , Florida
Having had tire pressure monitoring on my 40" Diesel Motor home and on my Honda CRV I towed behind it for over 38000 miles I don't plan having one on a 25' FC or my Ford F150.
Over a period of 3 years with the TMPT I had numerous false alarms of which I pulled over to check the tires. The only flat tire I had was on my Honda tow vehicle and the alarm never went off. The way I saw it was in my left side view mirror with white smoke trailing behind the car. The stem blew off when the tire went flat and the monitor in the coach never blinked. I had a booster due to the length of the 40' coach plus the tow hitch and the length of the CRV. Personally I found it to be more of a frustration than help. You change out batteries, reset the monitor due to alarms. The only thing I found them useful for was it caused me to be checking the tires very frequently. This is my opinion but if they make you feel more secure then by all means buy a system. Make sure the steams are not dissimilar metal. The CRV was aluminum stems. Another reason I'm not going to purchase another system is the 25' has two exiles and small tires compared to the motor home plus the 2013 F150 has tire pressure sensors on them and does warn you of low pressure.

Guy
Guyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #7
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
I have used the PresurePro with booster for eight years w/o problem on my 3 axle 35' Classic. The original tire sensors were replaced last year and my dog ate one this year. They are replaceable for $35. If you mount the booster in the front overhead cabinet it is easy to bring the monitor panel to plug in and reprogram new sensors because you are close to the tires.
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #8
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
btw... the 'metal stems' are actually metal.. yes.. not the black ones with metal inner pipe..

I bought the 'Camel' ones which have an exterior jam nut and washers for inside and out. Change before you run the TST's.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:25 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
When I had the AS LY motorhome (diesel pusher), I used Pressure Pro (after having a blowout on the way to Bozeman). When I bought the AS Excella I now have, I bought TireMinders. They worked for about a year and then became unreliable. I had to contstantly bend up the small tabs to make contact with the small batteries in them. This past May, after having a GYM blowout, I bit the bullet and upgraded to 16" wheels with Michelin LTX tires, Centramatics and the Dill TPMS system. The Dill system is like the new OEM systems in that it is inside the tire. It does send both pressure & temperature data. Dill Air Controls Products » TPMS
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote