Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Cyclist

2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
What about the tire sensors? Pressurepro charges $50 apiece. Seems that they could easily walk away.
henw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Flat Tire

Mine haven't so far.
So lets post the question.
Has any body had their Pressure Pro sensors stolen from off their trailers?
Beginner
Beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We haven't had ours very long, but if I'm worried about it in a particular situation...like having the trailer at a campground and being away for a long time...I plan to just take them off and put them back on when it's time to roll again.

TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #4
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
They sell a lock nut kit with a wrench that would prevent the removal of the sensor by hand. It's only a few bucks.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
No problem yet

We've not removed ours for the couple of years we've had them but why press our luck? The locks are a good idea. Thanks Richard.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich
We haven't had ours very long, but if I'm worried about it in a particular situation...like having the trailer at a campground and being away for a long time...I plan to just take them off and put them back on when it's time to roll again.

TB
That's a good idea. I've been told the batteries last longer is you take them off when not in use. The batteries aren't replaceable.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
That's a good idea. I've been told the batteries last longer is you take them off when not in use. The batteries aren't replaceable.
They, and pressure sensors that are on auto wheels, are supposed to have batteries that last the life of the tire (5-7 years), pretty much like watch batteries and CMOS batteries.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
They, and pressure sensors that are on auto wheels, are supposed to have batteries that last the life of the tire (5-7 years), pretty much like watch batteries and CMOS batteries.
Pressure Pro batteries are said to last (by the manuf.) 3-3.5 years.......your experience may vary
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:59 PM   #9
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster
Pressure Pro batteries are said to last (by the manuf.) 3-3.5 years.......your experience may vary
Like with watch batteries, time will tell. Uhh, not really intending a pun...
I have watches that the batteries were supposed to last 3 or so years, currently on year 7. Also have one that can't keep a battery more than 18 months. I've had to replace a few TPM sensors that the batteries were dead in, but most seem to be still going, now into year 4+ on some model cars. Getting customers to pay an additional $100+ per wheel for them is going to be a problem. I foresee more legislation coming to force the replacement when replacing the tire.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
That's what I've been told, as well. We take them off when we are at home, just to save on the battery life...and I always top off the tire pressure before a trip anyway, so I'd be taking them off anyway. (Remember if you leave them off for more than 60 seconds, when you put them back on you are establishing a new base-line pressure.) I've been told the replacement sensors are about half the cost of the originals if you send the old ones in.

TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #11
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
Lewster,

Aren't you beta testing some new air pressure monitoring system? Any news yet?

Mark
halimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:42 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
I have been told the ones that come on new cars/trucks are OEM specific and not interchangable and they are required to be replaced with new tires.
This will add quite a bit to the cost of tire replacment.
My brother owns a tire shop and is not happy since he does not want to stock for every model.

Garry
garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
I wrote to PressurePro about the possibility of them making a replacement valve stem with the tpms built in it since the concern about theft always seems to come up when discussing their system and the president responded. He said that theft has not been an issue. They were aware of about 7 or so thefts of the monitors. I don't have the email on this computer but can post it verbatim after Christmas.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:20 AM   #14
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by halimer
Lewster,

Aren't you beta testing some new air pressure monitoring system? Any news yet?

Mark
YUP!

I'm currently doing extreme condition testing........freezing the sensors and then I'll be heating them to 130*. If they still work then........they are winners!

Stay tuned!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:21 AM   #15

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We are about to get a set of Pressure Pros after our three blow-out debacle of last spring. Are there any tips on where to buy, how to install, whether or not to include the TV tires, etc.?
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:25 AM   #16
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
We are about to get a set of Pressure Pros after our three blow-out debacle of last spring. Are there any tips on where to buy, how to install, whether or not to include the TV tires, etc.?
MT,

You can get them from Overlander 68. I would do all of your tires on the trailer and TV if you are going to make the investment. Installation is very simple ad straight forward.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:29 AM   #17
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
Brian, I think your Suburban has TPM already installed. When the pressure in one tire drops 12 psi or more below the others, a funny-looking yellow half-tire with an exclamation point lights up. You can push the little "i" button on the dash or steering wheel, and scroll through the menu usung the little button with the white squares on it to access the info. It should show actual pressures on all 4 wheels, the spare does not have a sensor.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:39 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Moosetags...it's actually "68 Overlander" (not "Overlander 86") who sells the PressurePro Sensor systems...We got ours from him not too long ago...I called and had them within a week. Our Tacoma has a factory sensor system so we didn't order them for the truck but if it didn't have it already, we would have gotten or the truck as well. We like them very much so afar...

TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 12-26-2007, 05:11 AM   #19
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich
Moosetags...it's actually "68 Overlander" (not "Overlander 86") who sells the PressurePro Sensor systems...We got ours from him not too long ago...I called and had them within a week. Our Tacoma has a factory sensor system so we didn't order them for the truck but if it didn't have it already, we would have gotten or the truck as well. We like them very much so afar...

TB
TB,

Randy is 'Overlander 68'.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #20
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
We have not had any reports to date of a stolen sensor. The Lock-nuts will keep the honest people away and do work but probably only about 50% of people buy them.
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote