Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari
Old Orchard Beach , Maine
Spare Tire

I am a newbie 2007 20-foot Sarari owner. Reading "The Newbies Guide to Airstreaming" I realized for the first time that the trailer came without a mounted spare tire, which is pretty incredible to me in view of the forethought that Airstream seems to apply in every other aspect of their trailers. From other threads it seems that my two choices are to buy a spare wheel and tire and throw it in the back of my tow vehicle, which I certainly can do, or do a retrofit add-on of a rack under the trailer somewhere, which I find pretty annoying after spending what even used Airstreams cost. A retrofit mount on the tongue, above the battery box and between the propane tanks box and the trailer cab seems a better solution than mounting under the trailer. Any suggestions would be welcome.
MaineStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
I bought mine used also. I don't know if it was originally outfitted with one, but I think it was. It's located under the tongue-trailer join area. It's removed by dropping down the support arm and pulling the tire out.

I'd guess that it's probably available from AS and possibly other areas. I'd hate to carry one in the TV all the time; takes up too much space.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
look at page D-6 in your Owners Manual

If you do not have a manual you can download one here Manuals, Airstream Travel Trailers, Touring Coaches | Airstream
Old 09-28-2014, 01:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari
Old Orchard Beach , Maine
Thank you Rich & Yvonne. My owner's manual said that is where it is located, and lo and behold, that is where it is! So, I do have a spare tire after all! False alarm. Sorry to bother readers.
MaineStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwomer View Post
Thank you Rich & Yvonne. My owner's manual said that is where it is located, and lo and behold, that is where it is! So, I do have a spare tire after all! False alarm. Sorry to bother readers.
Hey, no bother at all I've learned a LOT about my AS by reading posts and asking questions. When it gets really cold outside and you've nothing better to do, sit down with a big cup of coffee and read the owner's manuals for the AS and all the equipment. There's a lot to learn.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote