Old 06-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
2005 25' International CCD
Corvallis , Oregon
Online Tire Store Question

Has anyone done business with Trailer Tire and Wheel Supermarket ( I am thinking about buying a set of 4 aluminum wheels and Goodyear Marathon's for my 68 Tradewind and would like to hear about experience with this company, good or bad.

1968 Tradewind

68tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
They probably belong to the BBB, but

I have never done business with this store. But I have no doubt the wheels they offer will be exactly what you could get from anyone else in the business. If the price is right, then go for it.

On the other hand, I strongly recommend you do not buy tires from anyone online. If you do, there is a very good chance that the tires sent to you will be very old. Returning something as heavy as four tires will cost money, and it will probably be yours.

Give strong consideration to purchasing tires from a local tire shop. If the tires are too old, it costs you nothing.

1967 Airstream Overlander International
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
2012 27' FB Classic
Oak Harbor , Washington
Make sure you read the threads about Marathons, service length & location of mfg. Just came from a NorCal rally that did a safety seminar on tires, hitches & the like. Worth doing the investigating considering the tires are what are between your investment and the road.

We have 35k (in 2 years) on factory installed Marathons (Chinese mfg) and tires have nearly reached the end of their life. We will be switching brands.

Brookings, Or
FerryTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
I looked at various options on new tires for my Trade Wind. After a lot of looking and advice on the forums, thank you TomW, I went to my local Goodyear. Price was about the same as I could have gotten mail order and the dealer called the warehouse and made sure the tires sent to the local store were "fresh". They were, made in Feb. of this year. I did haggle a bit on the price and he came off 60 bucks. Installed them last week.
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
2005 25' International CCD
Corvallis , Oregon
Buying Local

Thanks to those who have responded. I've read up on Marathons and definitely want to get the US made versions. I plan to talk to my local tire shop this week and see if they can get the same tires and wheels. If they can, and if the price is within 30%, I'll go that way. Otherwise, I may give the on line guys a call.

68tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote

online shopping, tires, wheels