Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2005 25' Safari
Dunedin , Florida
New tires, wheels and balancers

After buying new tires and having 2 blowouts in less than a year, I decided to make the move to new tires, wheels and balancers. I went with the 16" wheels (4-T03 Aluminum and 1-Painted Steel for the spare) from Tredit Tires and Wheels. I received a higher quote from the on-line inquiry than I did from the local distributor in Plant City FL + I save the shipping costs. Total was around $450 for all 5 wheels. Next was tires. I Googled-Michelin LT225/75R16 and found the least expensive from Real Deal Tires in N.C. with shipping to FL only $915 for 5 tires. Ordered on Tuesday and received on Thursday by FedEx. I have used the ceramic beads but every time I had a blowout all the beads went somewhere. So this time I am trying the Centramatic wheel balancers ($214) P/N 300-556 with 4 A-balancers. Hopefully this wil cure the blowout problem and we can enjoy a nice safe trip after the holidays! Thanks for all the advice and recommendations on the Forum.
mshamilton is offline   Reply With Quote